IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

I just want to say, I <3 Elektron.

Track styles: IDM, Acid Breaks, Glitch, Ambient

All tracks (except Government Lethal Chamber of Washington SQ.) feature at least one Elektron Device.

The Repairer of Reputations - Digitone, RYTM mk2
lymphoma_func - Digitone, RYTM mk2
We Wear no Masks - Digitone, RYTM mk2
The Yellow Sign - Digitone, RYTM mk2
Intermission - RYTM mk2
roland_func - Octatrack mk2
caustic_func - Digitone, RYTM mk2
Cloud Waves - Digitone

13 Likes

Your stuff is great! You really nail the glitchy, idm vibe! How long you’ve been making this type of music? Any pointers on the Digitone?

2 Likes

I’ve been messing around with the A4 and Blooper these days, such a fun combo! Not sure if that one qualifies as IDM but probably close enough :).

Thanks! Digitone is my johnny-on-the-spot synth. It’s all over the place on this album. I mainly use it for pads and weird pitched percussion. Sometimes, I like to feed it into the RYTM, and play with the samples in there. RYTM is really the glitch hero.

All tracks except “Government Lethal Chamber of Washington Sq.” are dawless. All were mixed and mastered on an analog mixer and recorded to tape.

To answer your question, I’ve been making IDM-like music with hardware for a little over two years. Before that, I made shitty remixes of nine inch nails and shitty EDM on Ableton and before that, shitty music in Reason.

4 Likes

Great music, nonetheless! I used to make a ton of shitty music on Reason also. We all have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Would love to know more about how you are getting your AR to glitch out like that…it’s sounding brilliant…

Love the juxtaposition of the analogue and digital boxes working well together…

2 Likes

Thanks! Tuned Samples layered with the analog engine. I like to apply NY style compression to the drums to glue everything together(the rytm compressor is amazing). Try Messing with Start and end points. Reverse the samples, Lfo on sample slots, playing with the delay in the efx section to get “ghost hits.” The Cirklon sequencer helps for snare rush type stuff. 606 samples for bd, sn, oh, ch. all the other percussion is sampled Digitone, the Digitone it’s self, tabla samples , or the volca drum samples. The volca drum is a dirty filthy thing. I hope Korg makes a Mk2 at some point.

3 Likes

Good stuff I like it

How did you connect the fx to the SSL Six?

I would like to upgrade from a mackie 12 to a SSL six but I am concerned I will miss the 2 sends

1 Like

Beautiful stuff indeed! Love it. Right up my alley.
Do you put your stuff on spotify?

1 Like

I use efx per box, you can configure the ssl six for a send but you’ll loose channels. Most synths nowadays have pretty nice reverbs and delays, I’m a big fan of the Quadraverb and the EHX cathedral as far as reverbs go. The compressor on the main buss of the SSL SiX is bonkers, it brings everything together. I don’t miss the sends.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have one release on Spotify, this batch of songs will be the bulk of the second release.

1 Like

nice! Same artist name I assume?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Don’t know how I’ve managed to miss this thread til now, loads of great stuff in here!

There’s 4 & RYTM mk1s all over this:

7 Likes

Nice, weird. I dig it.

1 Like

Not sure if this qualifies for idm. It’s all Rytm Mkii except the repetitive pad sound is serum sequences by the Rytm. Let me know what you think and what I could improve on.

Karl

2 Likes

Nice glitchy drums.

1 Like

Anybody have some new IDM/glitchy stuff made on their Elektron gear? If so post here, I wanna know how you did it :stuck_out_tongue:

This is amazing! Is This just A4 and Rytm?

2 Likes

What techniques did you use to get your RYTM to sound glitchy. :slight_smile:

1 Like