IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Boards of Canada included a Severed Heads track on their Societas x Tape broadcast on NTS Sessions this past summer. Listening in on that broadcast was one of the most psychedelic and educational experiences of my life.

1 Like

nice!

thanks. the percussion is a loop sampled from the DFAM

Thx! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile: I worked with scene modes to get the groove going, so for instance at 1:26 you can hear how the groove is high passed and also is colored by some delay. The time signature is also odd, so is the tempo. If i’ll remember, i can fire up the project to figure that out. I think i just stopped the beat manually at 1:50 to resume it shortly after, and luckily on time. It was all a live take. Lots of conditional trigs, the hihat and perc/clap sound live their own lives to some extent. at 2:.13, i’ve pressed the retrig button for the perc/clap sound which is quite audible, which happens a few other times.
the other sound sources are:

1. Field recording in the background. I think it’s from the London Underground of Tokyo Metro, don’t remember which of many recordings.
  2. Pad / synth made in the box, I used Logic 9 before, but now Ableton. I think it was made with a KORG or NI plugin.

The 3rd track on this release, B2. “Will we get closer than this?” is also all Rytm percussion & drums. https://soundcloud.com/processartefacts/praf001-reframe-bahama-ice-cream-ep

Another one I made today :alien: :3lektron: :3lektron: :3lektron:

7 Likes

Nice thread!

Not sure if it qualifies as IDM but here’s a recent jam I made using the A4 only :slight_smile::

10 Likes

that counts and it‘s very cool :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s one from me !

Lots of A4 in there.

9 Likes

And another after getting Overbridge to work…

1 Like

Here’s a Chill/IDM/Glitch jam I did this summer.
Made with AR, DN and OT.

10 Likes

Thanks for checking it out <3!

1 Like

Love it.

Some excellent programming in there… really like the breakdown @ 1:22.

1 Like

Thank you Donovan, much appreciated :star_struck:

Love the acidic portions!

I’ve posted this before, but I think it might work out ok here too. Just started checking this thread out, and it’s got me wanting to make some more of this sort of thing. :smiley: I guess I know what I’m doing tonight.

5 Likes

just beautiful atmospheric :black_heart:

1 Like

:cool: thank you! i have a fetish for acidic sounds :ecstatic:

1 Like

out of phase idm concoction

monomachine, analog heat, tb03, blofeld, microfreak
sequencing & drums from tidalcycles

2 Likes