IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Autechre-esque vibes. Digitakt, Digitone, A4 and Eurorack.

3 Likes

6 Likes

great. Beautiful ending

1 Like

spooky. Nice sounds, interesting beat

1 Like

4 AM glitch jam is legit! Nice work!

Machinedrum EFM- sounds, Digitone bass, lead and live tweaks. That’s the track.
Could be from the 90’s?

7 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m really glad you like it. I’m going to see if I can finish that track quite soon.
I need to finish stuff.

1 Like

Hey everyone!
Here’s another fun jam involving the A4 (for bass/drums and CV sequencing this time).
Not exactly techno but probably still close enough :slight_smile:?
Thanks for listening!

5 Likes

Nicely done!

This is a track I did earlier in the year entirely on my Digitakt. I was playing around with step length, and although I can’t remember what the step length was, I do remember changing patterns for each chord change while recording this. In its initial incarnation, the tune had a high tempo frenetic beat, but the step length tweaking completely changed its character. Not exactly IDM. It’s kind of got a beat and some synth work like you might have heard from Cluster and Harmonia. The beat actually reminds me of something from Neu! Overall it’s coated in lots of Digitakt reverb.

4 Likes

I was going for a Aphex/BoC vibe.

17 Likes

oh. a beauty piece. respect!!! it has this early 90’s vibe of AFX and Aleksi Perälä. More please!! Which tools have u used?

1 Like

beautiful!

1 Like

I posted this one in the share your tunes thread, but it probably belongs in here as it is very inspired by autechre and boc.

Experimenting with not using a grid of any kind. Strange tempo shifts, spaced out melodies, Donald Trump. It’s Analog Four and Digitakt from the Elektron world, along with modular.

5 Likes

I used 4 synths, the rytm, Digitone, deepmind12d, and the SH01A.

The Digitone was doing pad and some light percussion, that was routed though the Quadraverb.

The SH01a (acid line) was put through the FMR RNLA and then routed into the back of the rytm.

Rytm( 606 and tabla samples)

The deepmind 12D did the BoC like lead/bass.

I used brownian motion pattern in the Cirklon to get that crazy Drukqs feel for the drums.

Everything was being sequenced by the Cirklon into a SSL six. That was tracked to tape. No Daw was used.

5 Likes

Thank you for the deep explaination and the naming of your equipment.
Interisting that you use the Quadraverb!!! Is this your usual effect - tool?

And you said “brownian motion pattern” in the circlon. Does it have pattern templates or something? What does it mean?
I watched a few videos and really like this one as a basic sequencer, but since now I hold this investment. Hard to find used ones.

It’s a setting for the direction of playback of the sequencer: from the current step, it chooses randomly whether to go to the next step or to the previous step.

2 Likes

Aah. Crazy! I have to watch more videos of the circlon. right now.

1 Like

Quadraverb, Midiverb2 for days. They especially sound good on FM synths and Physical Modeling stuff. As far as verb units go I have the Empress Reverb but i find it pretty “Hi fi” and too shimmery for synths. There something about those noisy down sampled Alesis boxes that nails the feel of electronic music in the 90s.

Honorable mention: the EHX Cathedral, that too sounds magical.

4 Likes

That was really fantastic. :smiley: One question, though: if the Cirklon is sequencing everything, why did you run the SH01a acid bassline back into the Rytm—for effects and so forth?