IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Thanks for the thread!
Here’s my little ambient live session made with samples from piano tape loops loaded into my Digitakt.

2 Likes

Using OBS for the first time to try and process jam videos (audio + video) in one take. Shot on a potato mk2

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Ambient stuff isn’t usually what I do, but I thought I’d branch out a bit.

Digitone in this one with eurorack, guitar pedals, and an old tape machine.

3 Likes

Just recorded this jam from my Digitone… pretty much the first thing I’ve made on there but I think some might consider it IDM. Quick and dirty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is my debut album which came out in December 2018. I’ve mostly used a Monomachine (big up for its 3 LFOs) plus some eurorack bits :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This one starts hitting hard AF at 1:03 nice!!

1 Like

Thanks Synj00 :upside_down_face:

Well done!

1 Like

This was made with the Digitone and the Digitakt. I made the track in the machine and later I recorded it on Ableton.

Is the first time that I try to make IDM

8 Likes

A new one which is part of the “Habit Forming EP” i released today.
Drums are made by Machinedrum and Analog Rythm MK2, Synths are made by Digitone and Minilogue XD.

a b-side mix.

Pioneer RT-707 (Tape machine)
Pioneer Toraiz AS-1 (bass)
Roland JP-08 (lead)
Elektron Digitone (flutes, pads, percussion)
Elektron RYTM mkII (drums)
SSL SiX (mixer)
EHX Cathedral
Empress Reverb
Sequentix Cirklon (sequencer)

3 Likes

More Digitone + rytm goodness. AS-1 on bass.

2 Likes

for your first time it sounds very good!!!

1 Like

So good! Just wondering which euro modules and fx pedals you are using :slight_smile:

Here are my latest 3 EPs which someone recently described as IDM (which I had to look up the meaning of :smiley:) … about 70% Elektron gear. The last track on each EP I would describe as ambient.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this qualifies as IDM, maaaaybe closer to Slow Motion Ambient Techno, although it is a sort of melodic and has a trance inducing synth line. No clue what genre it really should be in but I hope you enjoy it anyways!

Made with Digitakt sequencing my Korg Volca Drum (my fav non Elektron machine) and the
Washy synth line and the arpeggios are from the Digitone. Recorded into FLStudio 20 (just recently replaced with Bitwig 8 Track) with nothing but a little compression and saturation from Halcyon.

Feedback welcome and appreciated!

5 Likes

It depends on the track. If you click on each track and go to the individual sound cloud page for each song, in the description, I always list all the gear I used to create that track.

For reverbs, the EHX cathedral, Alesis Midiverb 2 and Quadraverb, can’t be beaten.

As far as eurorack, that ambient track is a Digitone chopped up in a morphagene and the voltage research lab doing everything else. It’s mixed in mono using Mutable instruments Shades then into a EHX Cathedral where Im switching the reverb parameters by hand. That was then recorded live to cassette tape on a marantz PMD 430.

Mostly Digitakt and Digitone.

1 Like

I had IDM in mind when making this, but its kind of slow, even though its actually 170bpm. Mostly Blofeld sequenced and sampled by OT, all the drums are from PO32 Tonic, also sampled and mangled in OT. I used MIDI loopback to automate scene changes and fades.

3 Likes