IK Multimedia UNO Synth

This is what I did and when I sold the synth I gave buyer email address credentials that I created solely for IK account and IK account credentials bind with that email.

Thinking of getting the Uno Synth Pro. Can anyone confirm if there are many bugs remaining now, also Iā€™m keen to utilize the editor/VST within Ableton. Does anyone else have any positive experience with this? Thanks.

As far as I know from reading other forums last I checked there are still bugs. Which one were you thinking of getting? I hear the desktop gets unsettlingly hot. Never a good sign. So that keeps me from picking that one up. I bought the keyboard version when it first came out but returned it because it crashed and also would start to emit a strange odor the longer it was onā€¦ also not a reassuring sign. It was awesome synth so itā€™s a real shame.

1 Like

Iā€™m only interested in the keyboard version, need something with full-size keys, that doesnā€™t take up too much room, to be my main controller in the DAW and also to interface with CV to other desktop synths.

The keybed was a highlight. They felt really nice. Hopefully IK will fix the remaining bugs in their next update. It sounds like it would be really good for your needs.

1 Like

The pro is down to 399 from 649. Thatā€™s a great price on a great synth!

The full size UNO Synth Pro has become my main MIDI controller. Itā€™s perfect for desktop use, since it waists zero horizontal space. You get 3 octaves of good quality Fatar keybed with aftertouch, decent pitch and mod wheels, and 5 Pin MIDI. My only gripe controller-wise is the lack of a sustain pedal input.

Sound engine is good, too; internal reverb not so much. Hereā€™s a ā€œOne Synth, One Songā€ style demo I did a year ago:

And here I use it as controller to play the Digitone:

4 Likes

Great work! That lead sounds really good

1 Like

The LCD cover is incredible. Super impressed, well done!!!

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™m not fully happy with the kick & snare, and the ā€œwwweeeooooshā€ sound (originally coming from a modular, I guess), but the rest worked out quite well on the UNO Pro :relaxed:

I just started a topic re the Uno Pro keyboard version, then I noticed this thread, so I will ask here: I really like this synth, its sound is definitely unlike any other current hardware offering. I would be very interested in buying it but I keep reading some worrying feedback, especially re the desktop version. Now I read that the keyboard version has issues too, strange smells after power up? :smiley: I am definitely wondering how safe a purchase this would be.

I have the desktop version and mine does not get hot.

For anyone in the UK they are all currently in the Andertons sale.

Iā€™ve had the UNO Synth Pro desktop for a few months now, hereā€™s a link to my reviewā€¦