Impulse Command from Analogue Solutions

I had it for a while. Great sounding synth. The sequencer midi implementation is strange.
It really depends on what you are looking for. The IC is a great source of analog growling sounds by accident. If you don´t need precise control over your sound design, i can highly recommend it. The sound is really really good. I sold it to fund other gear (Moog Matriarch).

3 Likes

I’ve been interested in this lately! I love machines with interesting built in sequencers. Wondering if anyone still has one and has anything fun to say about it!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the difference is between the first gen version of this synth and second?

I want to buy one used and the seller said his is first gen. I wasn’t aware there was a second gen! Can anyone shed light on this?

I agree. I haven’t really messed about with mine recently but when I do next I mainly plan to sample it. It just sounds incredible!

On a weird side note, I got a really good deal on one over a year ago and the seller complained that it cost him more to ship than he quoted and I threw him a few dollars via PP with only “impulse” in the notes section, anyways PP ended up flagging the transaction and freezing my account for a while as they were suspicious that it was a payment for prostitutes or drugs or something…

1 Like

I’ve came close to getting one of these in the past. I wasn’t aware there were more than one generation, im curious of the differences as well. Anything Analogue Solutions is going to sound great considering all of their circuitry is discrete if I remember correctly.

1 Like

This term gets thrown around constantly, but I do think this is a misunderstood classic, there’s nothing else that does what this does. One of the most unique sequencers that generates completely new and different sounds every single turn of a knob.

It’s not conventional in the slightest, but I think it’s a truly singular piece of gear fwiw.

4 Likes

And it’s a lot of fun even if you don’t know what you are doing which can’t be said about a lot of gear…

1 Like

Wish I could see one in action in the Seattle region :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here’s a demo video with different patches for Ambient, EBM and Techno. Maybe you find it useful.

2 Likes

Still one of the most underrated and amazing machines. So mysterious and almost never boring.

3 Likes

Anyone use theirs to process external audio? I forgot it could and plan to take mine out of the crate of neglect this Friday for some alone time.