Instrumental Hiphop album made entirely on the Analog Rytm and a Tascam Portastudio

This sounds really good.

1 Like

Thanks! Both… all samples are chopped, filtered, pitched etc to make everything work together.

The AR is great with a midi keyboard for playing samples loaded to a pad chromattically (just like the dt).

1 Like

I’m enjoying this on a drizzly day :slight_smile:
Looking forward to it being on Bandcamp to buy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

this is tight dude good shit, haven’t heard the rytm used this way before

1 Like

dope tracks as always @Sleepyhead. Checked it on youtube and will have another go while i work. Your videos inspired me to put the MPC aside and lean hard on the AR which i am happy for. Dig your tunes.

1 Like

Thanks @scarfypedia!

@zaezur I appreciate it! The AR is a beast, but it takes some time to tame it… it took me about a year to truly grasp the greatness of the AR compared to the mpc. I don’t know if this is how you work, but using the chopping method (as perfectly explained by @Doug here) helps a lot for a more mpc-like workflow, though you have to use my finetuning trick to make it work on the AR:

2 Likes

@Sleepyhead a sidenote but good news on chopping im sure you’ll be happy to hear, I emailed Elektron support about the sample resolution for scrubbing start/end and how it is problematic when sampling, and whoever replied was fairly confident that could and would be addressed in a software update. So, there’s hope they will fix up some of Rytm’s sampling shortcomings.

5 Likes

Woah, this is big news!

2 Likes

Wow that would be huge! Thanks for emailing them man!

Really nice stuff @Sleepyhead. You nailed the aesthetic. I too wished the tracks were longer!

1 Like

Very dope, got it saved on Spotify and will spend some time with it during some upcoming travels.

1 Like

@maymind_trax thanks! I hope the fact the tracks are short just make you replay them more often :wink:

@woolsee I really appreciate that, thanks!