Introducing Digitakt

Nope but AR + DT will be a fuckin combo covering everything matter of drums + oneshots

3 Likes

well people were waiting patiently for the reveal, they have released specifications and clear images of the product and it seems like people are still confused. Adding noise to the thread because you heard something in a video and were sure of it and are telling others things like ā€œOT will be a legacy deviceā€. Youā€™re taking all these very obscure and false facts and trying to make them sound matter of fact when everything is clearly displayed on the official site. OT isnā€™t going anywhere it seems.

sorry if i came off harsh, but i wanted to say meaner things to people who thought it was going to be a pedal board lol. iā€™m just glad itā€™s a sound creation tool and not a processing box.

4 Likes

Since we donā€™t really know what it does yet, and more importantly how it sounds, I think itā€™s too early to tell. But the MD is such a Swiss Army knife piece of kit that Iā€™d say you could still justify keeping it even if you buy the Digitakt. Personally, half the time my MD isnā€™t even being used for sound generation, but for all the other things it can do.

3 Likes

:evil:

via Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

True but I already own MDUW MK2. Should I sell?

I would not ! wait to hear and try the DT before selling everything. MD is hard to find now !!!

3 Likes

Ooooioh indeed !

Will there be lawsuits from LeoMat? :wink:

1 Like

What kind of music you make @Geneoart ???

all good. I was just hoping for OT2 like many were. what I stated was what the stream sounded like to me, and the webpage was down for ages.

2 Likes

True! I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever sell my Elektron gear. I still own a Sidstation for god sakes. Lol

8 Likes

Maybe they will modernized MD > DT, then MnM, then OTā€¦ maybe

3 Likes

This will be the go to combo :heart_eyes:

Canā€™t wait to try out DIGITrack ->Rytm In -> Heat on the master :sunglasses:

Last thing I thought this would be was another drum machine. Interesting too how it can sample and has midi for lower price. Very happy with my OT and Rytm and it doesnā€™t look like this will replace them, they now seem like the full featured big brother and sister to this new little guy. But it does offer a new different route to have maybe less features in total, but still drums, samples, and midi, for way less than an OT and Rytmā€¦ Sort breaks the old rule that you gotta spend thousands for Elektron drums, samples, midiā€¦

2 Likes

Hip hop, techno and experimental tracks

1 Like

Keep MD for now :joy:

3 Likes

this looks cool. i like the smaller form. want to know more about the drum synthesis under the hood.

anyone think weā€™ll get a MnM in same form factor?

this is good, nice price, upgraded UI with OLEDs and new form factor, indeed Pyramid-ish aesthetic.

As ā€œIntroā€ Elektron, itā€™s a fine job.

I have an OT and AR. So all this does for me is make me pumped for whatever big box comes next.

I heard no Layering on Digitrackā€¦
For polyphony i donā€™t know
And Sample engine based on RYTM