iPad Music Apps?

That makes sense! Thank you

1 Like

You sir, are a brilliant man! Thank you for sharing that info about the Mobilelite! I expected figuring kit how to send samples to the OT wordlessly would be much more of a chore! Also, this looks like I can finally cleanup my CFD easily!

God bless, my friend!

1 Like

this is one big problem with music apps imho. There are ways around it but what I would love to see is an app that I could quickly record to, chop up a sample into 64 (or even 128) slots then export as multiple wavs contained in folders. throw in a rhytm marker that follows bpm, auto bpm detect and auto tempo synced sampling and that would be perfect. No effects, no sequencer, no adsr; just record/chop/export.

yeah, that sucks. it has really kept me from using borderlands

+1 to this
itā€™s so painful to create kits in iOS appsā€¦ it would be amazing to be able to create kits on PC with a simple drag and drop editor, then export them to Patterning, for example.

Is there a good app for drawing single cycle waveforms to export to the OT(or RYTM for the time being)?

@Muddler here you go!

1 Like

Iā€™m wanting to expand my korg gadget game. Iā€™m in between iWavestation and korg module. Thoughts?

Iā€™d go with the wavestation, unless you are after more realistic trad keyboard sounds. Or love Triton sounds.

Wavestation is super deep and capable of very complex patches. You can almost create whole songs within a patch! Been lusting after a hardware wavestation after buying tthe app, but the scarcity of the better PCM cards is making me stick to the software for now. Also bought the VST plugin version since itā€™s on sale until the end of the year, and should be able to exchange presets between the iOS app and the VST in the near future.

1 Like

I wish I had just waited for your advice before purchasing. I went with Module, and itā€™s alright. So far not really worth the 20 I paid for it(comparable to the immense value Iā€™ve gotten from other apps for half that or less). The Triton gadget DOES sound pretty good though, and the electric piano/acoustic might be good material to build things to turn granular.

Side note, do you know if the korg nanoKey would work for other apps or is it purely for gadget?

1 Like

Canā€™t you get a refund? I know one app isnā€™t much of a purchase, but the costs can pile up in time. Though Iā€™d say thereā€™s always some usage to be found from the classic keyboard instruments such as rhodes & wurli.

About that keyboard, sorry, no idea. Never had nor used one.

1 Like

I wonā€™t bother with it. Iā€™m sure youā€™re right, those sounds will probably come in handy at some point.

Thanks!

How is FL Studio Mobile? On paper it seems great, midi out, sampling and sequencing, anyone used it?

Iā€™m thinking of a fun setup with PO-12, Blofeld and Ipad, the first 2 as audio sources, the latter as daw.

2 Likes

Nanokey works for all apps!

My fav iPad controller is the Novation Launch Control.

Gives you 4 pages of midi SO:

1: total control of mixer/clips/FX in Launchpad app
2: full 8 channel access to AUM mixer without having to ever reopen the app
3: FX control for Turnado
4: and a page to assign to god knows what

4 Likes

Oh shit! Iā€™ve been wanting to get an XL to control my Octatrack hadnā€™t even thought of it as a potential iPad controller! Definitely next on the list!

Thanks!

1 Like

The LCXL is a solid piece of kit. The led colours on the knobs make custom mapping super easy to use/remember.

2 Likes

Just got the nanokey studio. Itā€™s cool, but it was kinda a dick move to put the record button on the nanokontrol and not the key.

Also, why hasnā€™t the ā€œreplace 'cā€™s with 'kā€™sā€ gone out of style/why has it come back?

so Korg have just announced an iPad app of the Odyssey

ā€¦which Iā€™m quite excited for.

Iā€™m thinking about controlling this from my MM or A4 - does anyone have any iPad -> MIDI interfaces they recommend? Sorry if this has been covered already in this thread, Iā€™ve not read it all

Itā€™s pretty cool, I think itā€™s only 20 bucks for the next couple days

Over Xmas I received a PO-12 and a Craftsynth, so as soon as I had time I hooked them up to the Ipad running Beat Maker Pro 2.

Insane sampling fun, I only wished I had a smaller audio interface as the K-mix was a bit too bulkyā€¦