Is the second hand market over-saturated?

I agree it’s weird at the moment. Here in the UK we’re facing a cost of living crisis - nobody has money to spend so nobody is buying anything, and everyone is trying to sell stuff, but they’re also trying to get as much money as possible for it. The other day I bought something on ebay, then asked the seller to cancel as I found a cheaper replacement, and he said he was behind on his bills and couldn’t afford to. I’ve also had trouble selling things - I either settle for a low price or it sits there for weeks/months. People are struggling, and music gear is honestly the least significant aspect of it.

1 Like

Seems over saturated with the same stuff and no Dominion 1s at the low end of prices I can’t afford…

definitely the same niche market stuff that always brings sellers out of the woodworks but keeps potential buyers isolated. I don’t even know how you formulate a going price on gear that isn’t moving anywhere, reverb might be a microcosm but it seems like it reflects the situation everywhere with more supply than demand.