It's Electric! (Place for Electro and Breaks, and such.)

1 Like
1 Like

This, is a good one :wink:

So… going through the posts… Im trying to see if there is a common aspect to make it elektro, and these are so varied… I guess most of them is just an 808 kit with early 80’s hiphop style programming? But also some more modern elements like acid sometimes?

I pulled a cheesy Acapella from a recent Influencer that I thought would be fun to flip… going to get try it since I just finished the track for the Hip Hop challenge…

1 Like

for an artist dubbed “the Baron of Techno” Dave sure is a true electro connoisseur too!!

the electro mixes of his ‘World Service’ mixes are brilliant also!!
and i love it when he throws some electro in his techno sets !!!

1 Like

can’t have enough Anthony Rother in an electro forum !!

and here’s a good set from Umek under his electro alter ego ‘zeta Reticula’:

2 Likes

Lot’s of 808 (sometimes sampled breaks with synth drums mixed) nice synth bass, maybe a touch of acid/303 style lines. Plenty of FM plinks and plonks. Vocoder vocals or speech synthesis. Lots of formant type sounds. Pretty typical breakbeat structures, but with nice rhythmic textures, and small synth hits, rim shots, etc. Maybe some Detroit-y synth chords or melodies on occasion.

1 Like

Haha. That’s a great rundown!

I don’t know how many benchmarks I’ll hit, but whatever I put up will be fun!

Hehehe. It just occured to me (and this is purely an acid response) that there are huge similarities to something else I post around here all the time. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, me too! Always have. :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Sorry, can’t get this link to embed properly from my phone at the moment. The “live” ones tend to do this.

https://m.youtube.com/live/kVd7zUgs7Hk?feature=share

Love this so much:

and this:

this also:

oh and:

…:

such and such… :slight_smile:

I love me some electro!

2 Likes

well… Here’s my first electro track…

2 Likes

That’s my try at electro so far, although I didn’t use any elektro(n) kit for this

Nice track @BLKrbbt

2 Likes

Thanks… You too!

Gave me dark hoover vibes!

1 Like

Cheers, can’t go wrong with some Virus hoover sounds :slight_smile:

However a far cry from the master…

2 Likes

Carl A. Finlow aka Silicon Scally

Lots of good electro stuff on Satamile records

Classic 80s electro

1 Like

I thought I had better build something for the thread. I put this together tonight.

Just Syntakt one take.

I made this thing right around 20 years ago :smiley:

A little silly, but…

Edit: Completely forgot I made this last weekish :grin:

Edit: Just had an oddball session with the Syntakt between soldering sessions. :slight_smile:

1 Like