Jamuary 2022

Jamuary 6th 2022. It must be something I ate…

5 Likes

This was my Day 5 sketch for Jamuary - I ran out of time to post it yesterday! This one is definitely more experimental… awkwardly shifting cross-rhythms, glitching and wonky pitch-bending, with claustrophobic textures adding a sense of unease. It’s a bit more challenging to listen to than what I’d usually make, but it’s important to explore these areas sometimes, as I think it can really inform other work, whilst refreshing the brain! And importantly, I really enjoyed making it.

I recorded my Day 6 sketch this evening - that one is much more at the beautiful end of the spectrum, so I’ll get that posted tomorrow too.

Meantime, peace to all and keep on creating! I look forward to catching up on everyone else’s posts :raised_hands:

7 Likes

A short excerpt of a noise jam with the Cocoquantus and Analog Heat. OP-1 is the sound source and is also modulating the Coco’s chaos circuit via an envelope follower.

5 Likes

This was way too much fun. (Also; Feel free to help me kick start my YouTube channel)

4 Likes

Was pretty happy with this jam. It’s a bit long but hey tis the season!

4 Likes

J6

elektron rytm
elektron digitone
sherman filterbank
Sequential pro3
korg opsix
noise engineering ruina
devious machines infiltrator
bitwig for everything else

6 Likes

So far 6/6. Here’s today’s post (and I’ll post an earlier day’s Cycles jam in a sec)

I’ve used both in jams but for some reason have not combined Digitakt with A4 yet. If you check out my channel: every day has been a different setup.

5 Likes

Day 3 of Jamuary. Cycles is fun, all of these “sound designs” were made from scratch for this jam.

5 Likes

Day 7. Experimenting with ambient textures and the Akai Force/Korg Minilogue combo.

Eventually worked out how to record ‘free length’ loops on the Force. so recorded a few layers of Minilogue into the force and layered them with live playing over the top. All sounds pass through master effects on the output (tape delay, reverb, granulator x2)

I am really enjoying the way this challenge allows for experimenting with different ideas and techniques and forces me to commit to recording these as well! All good practice even though I have a long way to go having listened to some of the stuff here!!!

7 Likes

#2 with on my desk…
take care, there’s a glitch at 3:33 :wink:

3 Likes

barebones beats today

6 Likes

Jamuary challenge 1/4 with nice items on the line.

8 Likes

Very exciting @cuckoomusic and love the first challenge: can’t wait to try something uplifting for a change :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Today was tough but I kept at it - here’s an excerpt of a longer work that I found exciting. Reminds me a little of some of Cat Barbieri’s stuff - not saying it’s anywhere near as good that said!

Manther -> Microcosm with improvisation using the Keystep 37 arpeggiator (pattern mode) - tried to incorporate the Nubass via the Manther’s Ext In but ultimately didn’t quite work out for this session. It’s bound to the amp envelope and inherently quiet so you have to accept less control of amp envelope and oscillator mix/volumes. I think good can come of it though and a rhythmic coherence possible.

3 Likes

Going to attempt to get one of these done every week.

5 Likes

So much amazing jams already! Got me motivated to finally record something, so here we go!
Dreadbox Nyx 2 × Empress Echosystem × OT × A4 = Techno
Enjoy!

6 Likes

Some Digitone action with MIDI loop back for extra control! I wish the audio tracks had their own page for modwheel/aftertouch control!

6 Likes

Jam #7. A bass groovy thing with the RYTMII-OB6-Odyssey-Bass & Guitar.
A bit of fun with my new Spaceman Delta II Trem.

5 Likes

Piano and drum duet part deux, this time with acoustic drums. Lots of love for the SiX motivating more experimentation with acoustic instruments :heart:

3 Likes

“Mute Mode” jam on DT+M:C

5 Likes