Jamuary 2023

Day 25: revisited my jam from the 14th for some mixing practice and re-recorded parts for clarity. Any and all mixing advice is appreciated, I’m very self taught lol

15 Likes, 2 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 25 of #jamuary: gave my jam from the 14th a second day of work! I re-recorded the Syntakt parts for clarity and some EQing, removed the delay from the Subharmonicon...

3 Likes

got me a wingie

4 Likes

quieting the chatter …

1 Like

Okay, more drone and feedback experiments. Now I’m running my whistling filter through a Blukac Endless and into a Belton Brick. Sounds pretty good.

1 Like

2 Likes

25 in a row! I don’t think I’ve ever pressed record this many days consecutively.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn3kehegFaT/

5 Likes

missed some days. day 25 - “hawling crowls”

c64c mssiah drummer + :3lektron: analog keys
plus oberheim matrix-6r (is way too loud)

my target market is to be played on cassette tape outside/inside a haunted house, or in a halloween display at trick-or-treat time. or behind the trailing credits of a VHS slasher film.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Syntakt, Drambo, and modular stuffs.

6 Likes

Day 26
in Orbit jam and the lost footage - part 3
audio only

1 Like

And I’m glad you have! Loving your stuff this month!

1 Like

Day 26, the finish line’s in sight!

18 Likes, 4 Comments - chris, a friend of yours (@friendofyours__) on Instagram: "Day 26 of #jamuary: stumbled on a plucky bass sound for the Subharmonicon and went with it. Kind of a meandering one, but I liked the clip of found sound with a breath...

6 Likes

Number 26! Less than a week to go :muscle: Today’s is some melodic house/techno or whatever it’s called. DN on melodics and OT drums + processing DN

5 Likes

Loving the samples in this, the vocal chop plus white noise is really effective!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s Jack Duxbury again. Rinsing him good :+1: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Decided to use the octatrack more until the end of jamuary. Got it a couple of months ago so i usually go to others machines i’m more used to for jams.
As usual i created game stories for the illustrations that comes with the jams.

One Last Meal - day 25

“One Last Meal” is a point-and-click in which you are Garth. Desperately looking for a job, you take one as a waiter in a small diner in the country out. You soon realise its owned by the devil himself and to quit is not an option. There is only one thing left to do : fight the devil in a culinary challenge!

Four to the Flour - day 26

“Four to the Flour” : One day, Bento (your cat) decides to rebel against you! You then discover he’s passionate about cooking (and techno by the way) and he decided to challenge you with a cooking rhythm game! Who will win the right to be in the kitchen?

5 Likes

Just found this thread! I’ve been keeping a running playlist of my jams so I’ve pasted it below. I decided to explore Koala Sampler (I had bought it some time ago) since it was sitting idle on my phone. Man is it a sampling powerhouse! It really has an immediacy and feedback that I really like.

5 Likes

Thank God!

Early #27
Analog Labs and Pigments on a Keystep Pro

3 Likes

Thank you!! The kind words mean a lot. I’ve been enjoying your jams too :0)

I now present you all with today’s clip recorded with my phone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn6CgJjgrs_/

Tomorrow I start using these things for my weekly bandcamp uploads. Which is a thing mainly because I am no longer social much and this way I can prove to interested parties that I’m not dead without doing anything I’d rather not. Anyhow, the real recording of Jamuary 1st will be there in the morning and I’ll probably throw a link in the Share Your Tunes thread.

3 Likes

The 2nd, perhaps the last for this Jamuary Year.
Thank you all for your inspiring Jams!!!
In this jam I played mainly with the new DX7 presets from Plaits, triggered by Knight’s Gallop.
Plonk is fed through the Mimeophon and Rings paints some pads in the background. Enjoy!

7 Likes