Jamuary 2023

second of january (hard techno, syntakt):

first of january (rhythmic industrial, digitone - supposed to have syntakt added):

14 Likes

Especially love the Jan 1 piece!

1 Like

got my lil jam for today done. couldnt sleep so i made this half awake at 4am on the m8

10 Likes
5 Likes

Number 02! Some Max4Live sequencers playing hardware (DN, Micron, 707) in a semi generative fashion. OT doing the bass with a Microfreak sample.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

7 Likes
13 Likes

Second jam down! Total shift in gears.

I spent too long messing with this idea and tried to work a pad in before I remembered I need to do one of these every day this month :sweat_smile: I need to work on my process I think…

Today we’ve got Erebus with its own Echo effect absolutely smothering the OT - I love a mix-eating dual oscillator.

13 Likes

My second jam. Hope you enjoy.

5 Likes

Nothing too fancy today … I used the Octatrack to sequence and sample a couple of bars from the Dreadbox Hades. Sliced the loop up and used it for bass and lead, then stuck a break underneath for drums. Everything messed about a bit with LFOs and crossfader (over)use and then recorded into Zoom H6.

5 Likes

Dayumn, this was super tasty! I listened to it as I read an Autechre article :slight_smile:

1 Like

You aint kidding!!! :star_struck:

And hitting…

… Jam straight after was like getting an anaesthetic after a car accident. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible for the both of you.

Such good jams rolling in everyone!

2 Likes

… lovely non-traditional harmonies!

1 Like

These are great everyone, already some great stuff coming through and it’s only day 2, it’s reminded me why I enjoyed this so much last year!!! Great work all, looking forward to tomorrow!

1 Like

#jamuary2023 02 — “Music created using Music Mouse by Laurie Spiegel”

Music Mouse on Amiga 1000, w/SoundScape providing MIDI clock
MIDI + clock out to :3lektron: Analog Keys (ext sync) + Peavey SP

not the most virtuoso Music Mouse performance but :man_shrugging: pretty colors

13 Likes

My first two have been quite beat driven, a bit of industrial for the first, with mistakes in the recording - but we gotta try to keep some time for real life, eh?

About a couple of hours in the first and an hour or so on the second.

8 Likes

Day 2 is up!

Strega, ST, Opsix versus Bim, Bam, Boum, Data Bender, Beads and Zen Delay.

5 Likes

I’ve been keeping up on IG (@friendofyours__) and YouTube, but forgot to post here! I’m traveling the first week of Jan, so it’s just my Minilogue XD and Syntakt for now - which, actually, has been incredibly inspiring. My oldest synth and newest synth are making magic together. Happy Jamuary!

10 Likes

Day 2 completed! Plumbutter and Waldorf M fight it out. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to tell who is who.

5 Likes

Second try on the same “piece” as yesterday.

5 Likes

Here’s the sucky phone mic clip of today’s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm8JdR1J2zN/

I have a gig on the 14th and I’ll be using Digitakt, Micromonsta, and Bim to improvise two hours of ambience with a few beats sneaking in. So I will use this setup for jamuary everyday until the 14th since Micromonsta is new and I need the crash course. I’ll be skipping the jam on the 14th since I’m doing a two hour one but after that I’m going to try get into some weird gear combos.

4 Likes