Korg Discontinuing and Selling Off Synths ( OPSIX, etc )

I was thinking something more flashy, maybe call it the “Korg Triton”?

5 Likes

Korg keys are terrible imo. They should just make modules of these things. All of them.

9 Likes

My theory is that they discontinued this because they are about to roll out the 61se version they showed about a year ago. I bet after that they will do the same for wavestate and the other one.

Watching it happen from afar hurt. One day I’ll buy it, unless it’s sold out where I am. Which is unlikely to happen soon, given that it costs $750.

Yeah, the Digitone is dope! I’ll never sell mine. There are little details in the design of the instrument that i absolutely love, like for example the voice stealing settings in the voice menu – how fucking cool is that? I know creative voice stealing has been done, but the DN lets you decide how to steal voices. There are a bunch of other little details that I would not want to give up.

I haven’t tried the Opsix yet, but I think if I had to choose between it and the DN I’d go with the DN. I’ll see if that changes in a few days though :wink:

1 Like

So according to people on Reddit, korg massively oversold the Op6 due to an inventory error. Fingers crossed I ordered in time. I ordered early Monday but it still hasn’t shipped. Other people have started receiving theirs.

2 Likes

Seems like both gear4music and Thomann are offering discounts on the Opsix in Europe now, but they’re nowhere near the US discount.

2 Likes

Starting think I may have bought a vapor Opsix on Monday.

The reverb reviews for the Korg Reverb store are filling up with negative reviews from people who also have not gotten shipping (or any other ) notifications.

Imagine how many orders they got.

I’d say give them a week before worrying

5 Likes

I’d give it time too. I just received my tracking.

I purchased mine on Monday after 6 PM (EDT).

There were 400 left of the 2000+ Opsix in inventory when I ordered mine. It was sometime later that day it dropped lower before jumping back up a few times to 300+.

I’m guessing those few bumps back up in inventory were the inventory glitches?

2 Likes

You all were right, just received a tracking number.

I ordered around 4:30pm Pacific Time on Monday if that helps anyone else out.

2 Likes

If the Modwave had been sold at that price here in Europe I would have been so torn.

Literally selling my identically sized Wavestate right now because its too big for my desk, but the Modwave at that price would be too tempting.

1 Like

I got a notice last night from Reverb that they were sold out, and I will be refunded. Dang. Did this only happen to me? It was an impulse purchase, for sure, but I was starting to get excited about it.

I hope this means that Korg have something new coming and need to sell their inventory. Hoping for a 3-in-1 either with a decent keyboard, or as a module.

2 Likes

No, it happened to me too. And more people.

1 Like

I am disappointed to hear that we’re not all getting Opsixes, but not entirely surprised given the strange and chaotic situation. Small consolation, but the Korg VSTs I have sound pretty great. It’d be a nice gesture for Korg to offer a discount there for thwarted buyers. (Been meaning to do an apples-to-apples comparison with MS-20 patches on the new Arturia one though.)

Earlier in the year, I had a weird feeling that the trio might be discontinued or out of stock for a long time due to supply chain issues. I may have been right, though I don’t think I’m going to start offering psychic readings anytime soon. :smile:

1 Like

My shipment information was sent this morning from Reverb. I was a little worried, since the order was placed a few days ago. It sucks that some people had their orders cancelled. With modern inventory systems, an accurate quatity on-hand should be available at the time of purchase.

Initially, I submitted an order through another seller that indicated stock was available. I called after the order to ensure the limited quantity was in the warehouse, and was told that everything is fine. Called again 15 minutes later because the said quantity did not decrease on the website, and the new person informed me the Opsix is on backorder at the locked in sale price. Quickly cancelled the ordered, and pivoted to the Korg Warehouse on Reverb.

I had a similar issue recently when buying the Korg MS-20 FS on discount. A store claims they have stock available, and later discover the item is on backorder, in spite of being discontinued.

3 Likes

Just got a shipping notice. Says it’ll be here tomorrow. Shipping out of Long Beach.

3 Likes

tracking told me it would be here on saturday, then changed to this coming tuesday…and now says on monday. I take any info from fedex tracking with a grain of salt. I’ve had fedex give me weather delays when my package was in the local fedex for 3 days and there were clear skies.

1 Like

Oh I’m aware of FedEx. I even started a topic about them so we could all talk about how shit they are.