Korg Monologue

This synth has really taught me how to appreciate ringmod, or maybe the ringmod on this thing is just really great. I’ve been using it on the majority of my patches. I love how it sounds.

3 Likes

If you ever get a chance to play with a Minikorg 700s, it has absolutely the best ring mod (with 3 modes of operation). Incredibly ‘playable’, as is the rest of the synth–mechanically it’s one of the nicest synths to operate.

The Monologue has been getting on quite nicely in my setup as well.

1 Like

Still loving my Monologue. Everyone should have one imo.

3 Likes

Nice.

This still interests me more than any of the higher-profile monosynths announced since the start of this thread, including the new Moog - partly because I’ve gotten away from the “player’s synth” mentality.

Late night Monologue jam.

3 Likes

This zip file contains the complete scala library converted to .tun format often used by softsynths including u-he & Alchemy.

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.box.net%2Fshared%2F6flif1bsnb

From kvr thread here -

silver Monologue for $225 shipped on Muffs classifieds…

clinching my wallet so hard

It’s one of my favorite buys. It’s just so fun for some reason, and I’ve been using a few of the Aphex scales a lot.

1 Like

I see its potential as an instantly gratifying techno hook factory.

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t care how cheap this thing is. The proof is in the pudding.

2 Likes

Its a surprisingly great sounding little synth, that seems more than the sum of its parts. Kind of a modern take on the 303 but way more flexible. Has a sound that isn’t shy, with anything from sub bass to twinkly star sounds. Was between this, bass station 2 and tb03. After messing with them all the decision was pretty easy, not even considering price.

Especially been enjoying sequencing/processing it from the monomachine, & then evolving the sequence by adding notes/slides in it’s own sequencer that combine. It also jumps patches instantly, so will go great with any sequencer that can p-lock program changes.

2 Likes

I bought one, and it is the best insta-riff machine in the world.

My wife wanted one, so I gave her mine with the caveat that I can use it whenever I want. She runs it through a pedal board and makes fantastic soundscapes with it.

That made room for a Micromonsta.

4 Likes

Top Wife!
Been trying to get my good lady on the NL4 for years!

1 Like

It’s true. Between Rytm and AK, I have all the voices and individual outputs I need.

But GEAR!!!

1 Like

Anyone care to comment on how this stacks up versus a BS2?

1 Like

Monologues sound really does something when I hear it to my ears anyway. (I owned both and kept one) the BS 2 has a sound that is Rolndish at times. Monologue goes into stop that damn noise territory but it can be pleasant too. The BS has a sequencer variation knob that I really really like and it’s keys felt nicer but the rest of it not as much. The quirky slider on the Monologue is a thrill some people knock it but it’s cool. It does ringmod and vowel sounds that are rad. Woops I might be giving it away now…

1 Like

Picked one up yesterday impulsively, even though I have no need for another mono synth…
I have to say I’m am not impressed, I really thought I would dig it, but I don’t and will be returning it.
Maybe it’s because I have it sitting next to a Dominion 1 a System 500 and other amazing synths that it sounds weak and limited to me. Relies too much on being aggressive.
I was kind of expecting it to sound like an expanded monotribe, which to me sounds richer in comparison.

yes indeed because you’re comparing a $250 synth to a $2,000 synth :grimacing:

it is very limited, but a nice synth for its price point

3 Likes

True
But like I said I thought the monotribes synth voice was way better, real acid sounding and kind and of expected the monologue to be along those lines…

1 Like

I have a Monotribe, but have hardly used it. Might be good fun to use both together.