Let my Rytm go and go with Syntakt?

I think it was either same or next day I cancelled my preorder for the Syntakt because I saw an Analog Four mk2 for like £700 (!!!) which I’d wanted forever. It’s the black one too so it matched my AR.

Best decision I made. A4 and AR are an absolutely elite combo and I think the only thing that would get me to ever switch would be if elektron came up with a wavetable synth in the analog box form. I’m still hoping for updates at some point but as they are now I honestly can’t complain too much.

6 Likes

Rad. Yeah I have love / hate with Syntakt- it just does so much but pairing it with other gear can get confusing. I’ve spent so much time on it tho, I just get it. The sounds are neat but - and this may be user error - the kicks and snares do NoT cut through unless you baby the shit out of the filter. Ducking is nice but if you use it you can’t benefit from the FX track in other ways and no compressor.

The synth sounds are dope and is miss them but I also have an A 4

2 Likes

I have the opposite experience. The kicks are so powerful that I often need to dial them down for them to not become overbearing in the final mix.

2 Likes

…hey, i hear some thom yorke vibes here…

ur good proof that, if u have vocal skills for topping off ur tracks…and some musical mindset, willing to dig a little deeper…
it reallly makes no difference which elektron device does the intrumental part…
they’ll all do fine…

1 Like

Layer your snares! Using one digital snare and one analog one at the same time makes them sound way better and they can get relatively punchy. The overdrive parameters help a lot here too. They’re still often weaker than, say, an 808/707 snare, but it does help.

I tried both and bought a Rytm MK2. Both are different enough to own both. I wanted a Machinedrum but prices way too high now.

1 Like

I have both. Syntakt is cool but somehow often too clean and the engines are somehow too tame.
Rytm is more gritty, love the overall sound

I’ll do just that.
Especially since I might need to hold off in new gear acquisition for min

1 Like