Lets talk "auto normalisation" of the recording

Maybe that’s the reduction to a single mono signal when re-sampling?

Perhaps, but it sounds really lame. I guess I can sample my sampler with Ableton and import it back into Digitakt. :slight_smile:

I would prefer ( like many others ) to be able to choose if i want it normalised or not. Because if i record something in, it is usually as loud as i want it to be.

1 Like

Survey : Who’s for an option for Auto Normalize?

If you are against, please chime in…

3 Likes

I’m for the option, for sure. That being said, Ive never really had a problem with how sampling on the DT sounds.

My related problems :

Recording a loop : impossible to match levels between source and recorded levels without A/B unprecised comparison (unless you reach 0db).

One shots : Not possible to record several sounds consecutively with same respective levels, one by one.

If you want to record an acoustic instrument for instance, your respective levels can’t be natural.

The only possibility is to make one record of all sounds, then edit/save each sound, which is tedious with DT.

Third problem is noise while redording : different at each recording if you have noise on original source.

If I had just one possible feature request for DT, it would be this one.

3 Likes

Those are all very valid examples.

1 Like

I’m against everything auto that can’t be turn to manual

3 Likes

You can always turn down the gain on a normalized sample.

If I want to record more than one sound with same relative level, it is PITA to adjust each sound independently by ear.
(Sample chain purpose, no computer).

I mean, auto nomalization is not a problem for people that don´t want it. You can simply turn down the level after the recording process (or p-lock for sample chains).
Though my guess would be Elektron would make it an option.

Sorry, I somehow thought OP wanted to have auto-normalization added to DT and when it would have been added as an option, it would have been possible to either have it off for sample chains or sample with auto-normalize and turn down the gain on individual samples…

Very annoying for me ! I want to make sample chains.

You don’t seem to understand related problems. PITA to adjust levels with no more reference !
@Microtribe complained about it too iirc.

1 Like

Yes, sorry. I thought the DT does not have auto-normalization and you want them to add it! Sorry…forget it. I had some misconceptions about Elektron devices…

1 Like

agreed: your wording can be confusing ( i´m myself not native english and also understood it the wrong way)
Big YES, for a new setting in options to be able to turn the Auto normalize off !
hate it ! stopped at some point in time to record to DT.
…but now, with the new OS update ?

1 Like

There is a chance for next update, they should also add a way to quantize the beginning of recordings.

3 Likes