Live-streaming and recording with the Roland SP404 MkII

…i see…well, then u need to know first, on which platform u’d like to proceed…

if “live” stands more for peer to peer/face to face realtime, each platform has it’s own little options to do so…utube standard would be the software obs while stuff like zoom is already setted up for xactly such purpose…

either way, a good computer and a “good” audio interface is must have…the camera thing has of course an open end in quality/investment, but nevertheless, in ur case, u’ll need some dedicated external real time usb feed option, if u don’t wanna use ur computers internal fixed view one…

Thanks. I already use Zoom for most of my online meet-ups, but for my Patreons, am exploring the YouTube live option, which I’ve used off Patreon in the past, quite some years ago now.

MacBook Pro has the “good computer” part covered. I have no audio interface yet, as I wanted to ensure I bought one that met my changing needs. It’s good I waited, as I was expecting to be only operating in person at retreats and events again by now.

I have also considered, simply using the built in camera on my Mac. As you can see, there’s quite a journey for me to move into this further, but I’m totally up for it, and driven by my work scenario as a retreat facilitator and guide, meditation guide, and poet.

Although for the original SP404, I’m finding this video from Yukes to be really helpful:

And this one:

Yukes has also already been really helpful in answering some of my questions, and engaging about this approach to content.

For info, I had already come across these videos before coming to this forum to ask my more detailed questions.

1 Like

Thanks again for this input. I’m new to posting here, and I think it auto selected the location for the post, as I for sure didn’t choose it myself.

After fishing around in the controls options, I’ve found that I can change the location for this thread to General, so I’m moving it to there, I hope, if it goes right. Fingers crossed…