Malekko Manther, Mr. D, and BFF Grooveboxes

I’m still hungry for the Mr D

3 Likes

I really liked the Manther when I had it. I was really looking forward to the other two boxes that have yet to materialize. I’ve emailed Melekko in 2020 asking about when we could expect them and the reply was basically it was going to be a long time since development was a slow process.

I’m glad to see there was a recent-ish update lately.

I’ve been looking at the Norand Mono and things like that lately but always seem to go back to Manther. What synths do you think are comparable to Manther in 2022?

This is a really great sounding, fairly immediate synth. Still missing program change though, that wouls be a serious game changer.
A decksaver would be cool too

1 Like

On the other two? Can you share the deets?

I’d feckin’ love it if we had a groovebox from Industrial Music Electronics.

Referring to the firmware update that was dated 2020. I know nothing about the other two machines other than we are patiently waiting for them still.

1 Like

Any advice on updating? I’ve tried 10 different ways now and all I get is errors. I’ve used my iPad, computer, iTunes audacity etc. I hate the way this machine requires firmware updates.

1 Like

I believe I did update once when I had a Manther-

1. Macbook would be an ideal DAC, iPad and iPhone are fine so long as you have one with analog out.
  2. Cheaper lightning to 3.5mm outputs aren’t great, PC headphone jacks are also not great.

1 worked for me, 2 did not.

I used a focusrite solo and balanced the levels just right and it worked!

The new update is great! It actually adds quite a bit despite not being much.

1 Like

New manther owner here!
Having trouble with new firmware…error 3568765
But it sounds great deep with a crazy sequencer and I can clock it from my dr110 for the ultimate cheese n bacon turnover
Anyway if anyone know what I’m doing wrong please chime
Stereo 3.5mm
iTunes playing 1.3b
Manther menu ready
Press play in tunes
Error27547 etc

Still manther mad with that trippy morph thing and the step repeats plocks and delay it’s fucking heaven and clicking the octaves about pheweee that’s so fun

Do I even need 1.3b?
Do I!?!?

Mad Xmas to everyone here
I uploaded 1.3b after…reading the ducking manual and adjusting my iTunes track level to 100% above normal value - worked instantly no issues
And now it’s an even better sounding machine!!!

4 Likes