Mask 1 — Keyboard from Kodamo

Honestly not really. I think you could make similar sounds on both, but each one spreads out into different areas extensively. Sound design will be a bit deeper on the Digitone. The cool thing though, is the Digitone will be able to sequence the Mask when I’m not playing it manually. I could also see playing the Digitone from the Mask keys for a bit of extra range. So far though, just setting them to complementary patches and playing them (with the Moog) has been so much fun that it’s the reason I haven’t recorded anything yet. :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! That’s what I was hoping to hear :slight_smile:

Played it at perfect circuit today. Hasn’t been on my radar at all. I was really pleasantly surprised! Sounded amazing and a great feeling keyboard!

I’m not a keys player, but if I was I’d be super interested in this. It’s just so immediate and minimal in a way that works IMO.

5 Likes

It’s a weighted keyboard on this? :fearful:

Like a piano?

Nope! I’m not a keys player and for me the action is perfect, fwiw.

2 Likes

Perfect synth-action keyboard. Like a Prophet Rev2 (closest feel I can think of).

1 Like

In stock at Thomann, just ordered :smile:

Sounds great.

3 Likes

Are you able to post audio? :kissing_heart:

Performance by Jean-Philippe Rykiel at Synthfest France 2023.

Twenty four minutes long. This guy is really wonderful to hear play.

From video comment :
Jean-Philippe Rykiel discovers the MASK1 on stage, without even knowing about the sounds he will encounter, and improvise on all of them.

GAS WARNING !

5 Likes