MFB Dominion 1

Ok I found something on page 21:

Ok I sound something on page 21:

[/quote]
Gracias Amigo ! :slight_smile:
Me gonna check this out !

I know the feeling - had thesame issue with the A4 ones I touched and heard it , it took me 1,5 years to get the cash together, but it was worth the effort :wink:

Any Dom1 owners able to help me out and confirm a couple of behaviors with sequencer?

When I hit ā€˜startā€™ there is a varied lag. Like sometimes itā€™ll start instant and on the beat and all cool. Other times itā€™s very slightly delayed and Iā€™m screwedā€¦

Also when programming steps I seem to get a lag when I input notes, from memory itā€™s like the note ā€˜soundsā€™ on ā€˜note offā€™. Normal?

Kind of bummed on the sequencer so far. Seems unusable without midi clock/syncā€¦ I often like to jam loose sequencer ideas in to daw/OT and just sync by tempoā€¦ Not possible here atm without using an external sequencer :frowning:

Thanks

H Callofthevoidi.

I donĀ“t really use the sequencer, I just player with it a couple of times to check it out. I find it a bit hard to program due to the lack of seeing the steps and knowing where I am. (Spoiled I know)

But I sometimes have that lag with the apregiator(also when I just play the keyboard) if I change the midi cable/midi chain and the Dom gets confused. The fix is to turn it off and on again.

1 Like

Hey,
Thanks for the response. Haha, yeah, only having the numerical step number digits on display is a far cry from Elektron step sequencers :wink: Dom1 sounds incredible tho so itā€™s easily forgiven :slight_smile:

I have a midi cable plugged in from my octatrack but I havenā€™t yet had the octatrck switched on while Iā€™ve been using the Dom1ā€¦ So I assumed the problem canā€™t be related to external sync? Unless it has some kind of automatic ā€˜listening for midi clockā€™ thing that is active whenever a midi cable is connected? Iā€™ll try it without a cable, out of curiosityā€¦

Iā€™ve turned it on and off a few times and the sequencer ā€˜startā€™ lag is persistent :frowning:

Sorry to hear that, my lag/delay is not persistent. I sequence the Dom midi clock from the OT and I feel it works best if I hook all up/connect all midi cables(when setting up at the venue) and then turn on the power for all divices. Then the Dom is following good with out a lag on notes or Apreggio.

Hope you find a solution for the problem, else write the MFB guys to ask if this problem where reported by other users.

3 Likes

Are any Dom1 users able to help out and confirm that when the internal sequencer is playing, pressing ā€˜shiftā€™ (in my case to transpose the sequence) results in an instant, momentary pitch glitch?

Pressing shift clearly has some kind of weird effect on pitch on mine. Iā€™ve tried across different patches and sequences. Almost every time I press ā€˜shiftā€™, the pitch glitches out for a brief second :frowning: More noticeable on longer sounds than short plucky bass etc. But itā€™s there consistently. Any ideas whatā€™s going on or if I need to send it back for repair/exchange?

If anyone could please confirm whether this ā€˜shiftā€™ problem is normal iā€™d really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hereā€™s video of the sequencer pitch glitch I get when I hit ā€˜shiftā€™. Kinda hard to hear some of the glitches on the phone camera mic but should be able to pick the most blatant ones out. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes i can confirm this behavior. I did a test and mine does this too. It has to be a bug. I never noticed it before because i always use my OT for sequencing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for testing/confirming. Glad its not a hardware fault :wink: Iā€™ll email MFB.

Outside of the couple of sequencer bugs Iā€™ve hit the Dom1 is incredible. Only had a few hours on it so far but the sound/UI/interaction between the different parts of the synth seems killer/all sweetspotā€¦ pretty refreshing after Analog Keys. Still dig the Analog Keys but in a very different way. In comparison it feels more like sound design on a computer or something. A lot of options, but a lot of clicking/Fiddling around etc. Elektron could/should at least give AK option for the knobs to have ā€˜normalā€™ response behavior :confused:

Shitty audio vid futzing around on a patch + onboard sequencer -

Hi buddy, IĀ“ve been on tour, so not able to try out this on the Dom1. IĀ“m glad some other folks chipped in and you got it ā€œsortedā€.

best

1 Like

Heard from someone that the problem might be related to the ā€˜ATā€™ knob setting. Been advised to put it to central setting and test. Will do tonight.

Not sure if itā€™s relevant to you in your normal setup but the problem was easily solved in the end by positioning the ā€˜ATā€™ knob centralā€¦

My dom1 is around chest height when Iā€™m seated and I didnā€™t see that that knob was bi-directional when I was trying to fix the glitch :confused:

Moral of the story = adjust my chair so im able to see clearly what controls Iā€™m tweaking + RTFM :wink:

1 Like

People who live in the US where did you get your dominion 1 from?

Craigslist

https://www.musicstore.de/en_US/EUR?SKU=SYN0004601-000&ProductName=MFB-Dominion-1-Analogsynthesizer

Anyone in the US buy from this store?

Bought mine from thomman.de. Ordered last April and received in late May. Received via USPS in the US. Still havenā€™t seen any customs fees for it.

Live in Asheville and had the luck of finding a Dom1 mint in box, only a few months old, on Craigslist!
Simply blown away by the sound!!
Totally diesel synth.
I was always intrigued but never thought Iā€™d find one as they are pretty rareā€¦
I happend to come across the ad only afew hours old, and the guy already had others interested
So i paid asking price, $2,000.
Pretty sure thats a little high but it was amazingnd sounded absolutely incredible!
I really think itā€™ll be a future classic
Canā€™t wait to dive in further
Craigslist has been kind to me around here, found a Yamaha sy35 with hard case for $130 (love it)
and a Blofeld new in box for $300
:smile:

3 Likes