Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I got a UPS tracking number automatically when it shipped out. If you haven’t heard anything, just contact them–they seem like nice folks.

1 Like

Ah yes! UPS “My Choice.” Literally just found my tracking number that way, also expected to arrive Wednesday. :grin:

UPDATE EDIT: got an actually shipping confirmation from Hologram just now.

1 Like

Mine arrived.

So far it has been sitting on my desk for hours with a random Norns arcologies plinky ploop polyrhythmic loop running through it.

Generative Biosphere.

Sound quality is excellent.

Still getting my head around the concept of it as an ambience algorithm machine.

3 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday
(but I was too late to pick it up, and today I’m office, I feel like I’m 8 on the 23rd of December, waiting for Santa to come - this is pathetic)

2 Likes

can’t wait for mine to arrive. in three weeks time :smile:

1 Like

Later today for me!

2 Likes

I am having a doubt here: the knobs on the pedal don’t send out MIDI CC?

No idea, but Firmware 1.1 just came out this Wednesday, and the email I got said the update features improved MIDI functionality.

SIDE NOTE: mine just arrived but I am now out of town for a week and I didn’t even open it yet lmao.

OK, the knobs don’t send out CC’s. I was expecting them to do, being used to EvenTide pedals. But that’s no big issue, I control and automate the parameters and program changes through my MnM. Actually, the included modulations make it quite unnecessary to automate a lot, as the engines are quite dynamic as is, but I like to have control.

First impressions:

• Excellent sound, but I experienced a couple of pops and glitches at times. Not sure exactly where they come from, but it might be due to Fade Time set to zero, so not a malfunction. It might also be caused by the high quantity of MIDI CC data the pedal receives from the MnM, as I’m quite aggressive with automation. I’ll investigate that more closely in the next days.
  • It’s quite hard to understand fully what goes on under the hood. I like to know what each knob does exactly, and I gather some of them control more than one parameter (like macros). The instructions about the different engines are a bit cryptic in my humble opinion, I would have appreciated more information in the user guide. Maybe this will come in the future?
3 Likes

I’m having fun with mine but I share your sense that things are a little more ‘black boxed’ than I’d like–some additional documentation would, indeed, be welcome.

1 Like

No pops & glitches ?

Haven’t noticed, but I was playing guitar so maybe I missed it…

Mine pops and glitches. At first I hated it but seemed to learn how to avoid said pops and glitches.

Just keep playing with it and find the sweet spots. I haven’t ruined any speakers or ear drums yet

Strange, I have been experiencing this problem in the beginning, but now it seems to be OK. But I haven’t played a lot with the pedal yet.

I finally got to open my Microcosm and I noticed that there aren’t rubber feet on the pedal’s underside. Do they all come this way? Or did they just forget to put rubber feet on mine? (lame either way!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

1 Like

Mine as far as I recall had rubber feet stickers in the box for optional attachment (some people want to put their own velcro on)

for real?? i’m sending them an email! :japanese_goblin:

I got two pedals delivered near the same time, but definitely at least one of them had a little 4x set of rubber feet fall out of the box.

Would be very skimpy if Hologram didn’t include alright …

1 Like

Just to follow-up: no rubber feet were ever included. Customer service got back to me super fast. Must of been the other pedal you got.

Honestly not that big of a deal to me… but it would’ve been nice!

Kudos then to Montreal Assembly for their generosity for including with the other pedal!

1 Like