Microwave xt

Late jumping on this, but actually thinking of purchasing an XT myself to pair with the OT.

Can anyone who’s used the two together confirm of it handles midi in multi-mode, i.e. can I send midi modulation from my ot to as many of the available cc’s and as many active tracks as I like on the XT without the XT going into overload / lagging / crashing?

Just asking as I had this problem with an older synth prior, and now looking to add something to really get the most out of the OT’s midi engine.

my review:

6 Likes

Love the video! Really brought me back to when I had one of these in the late 90’s. It really did sound special and still does to this day. What I really wanted back then was a Microwave I with all of the controls and improvements of the XT, but retaining the I’s analog filter. I imagine or at least envision that’s what a Quantum is (and so much more). Of course, everyone wanted a Wave, but that was the very definition of unobtainable for just about everyone.

2 Likes

I would say the quantum is really not like the microwave xt at all tbh

The things that make the xt special are unique to it. The Quantum is special in its own ways.

But if you make similar patches on both (using the exact same wavetables etc) IMO there is no contest - the XT sounds better.

The Quantum really starts to shine when you take it places the XT cant go. Then it becomes amazing.

2 Likes

After looking at some demoes of the XT, this album kept coming to mind:

Think the XT is used here?