MIDI Splitter Box recommendations?

Absolutly, cheap, solid and without power supply.
On the other hand, it requires a little power via MIDI, MIDI standard 3.3 V and 5 V, the Elektron Digi and Analog machines are suitable, does anyone confirm for the model series?

Even several, behind the first row of 4 connected to the box, a world of possibilities.

This was a recent impulse purchase but I’m glad I did it:

My current setup:

SMARTClock as clock source. One output to my Machinedrum. A second output to my Virus. A third output to my pedalboard to control a looper using MIDI clock or a delay pedal using tap tempo.

It can also be used as a splitter: MIDI in (including clocksource) with four available MIDI/Tap Tempo outputs.

One nice feature: you can save different routing options as presets.

2 Likes

Another happy iConnectvity user here. Been using the Mio10 for 5 years. Rock solid piece of kit. All ports used included 8 on the host port and never given me any trouble.

Still using the older software which admittedly is really confusing but get past that and it has the ability to solve most if not all midi issues you have.

Everything in the studio can talk to everything else computer, synths, MPC etc 2 way with no feedback loops

Combined with the ERM Multiclock they are probably the most boring but useful investments I have in my studio.

1 Like

when you start to get 3 or 4 boxes in your setup and you might not want a computer, iConnect is the best!

I got a 1 in, 5 out midisizer midithru-splitter. Built it myself, also designed a case and 3d.printed it, very good looking silver case. 9v powered with a switch on the side, and LED in red or green for activity.

It´s really great and fairly cheap imo, get it for 55 euros with silver casem, 50 with black prototype case or 40 euros for just a finished PCB unit that you can use without case or put it in your own.
I sell it without power wart, but can get a 9v centre pos for 9-10 euros if you have the same wall wart pin configuration. Here we have two rounded pins…
Located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Shippin possible, tracked, for perhaps 14-15 euros.

Cheers!!

1 Like