Model:Cycles

Wow…1113 Postings. 500 more since yesterday…Elektron nailed it, i’d say.

I stumbled across this overlays for the M:S, and i heard that there will be coming some for the M:C too. For ppl with bad eyesight, Like me, Just brilliant.
https://www.oversynth.com/elektron-model-samples-overlays

P.S. Today UPS should drop my M:C… :yum:

6 Likes

mine was supposed to come today but fedex tried to deliever it to the wrong door on my house :confused: so I guess I have to go drive and pick it up tomorrow… sadly today was the only day I would get to play with it for the weekend also.

It’s a pre-production version.

5 Likes

These are awesome. Some of them look like modules from propellerhead reason rack!

2 Likes

That’s a nightmare. I recently bought a new ‘scope. Delivery driver must have knocked with a feather as the was a card behind the door to say it was with a neighbour. Went over to the neighbours and there is my parcel in their porch, looking at me through the glass…shame the neighbour had then gone away overnight! So near yet so far…

1 Like

afaik UPS doesn’t deliver on saturdays - but good luck - I got mine yesterday with Xpress shipping!

I think M:C cannot replace DN- the M:C seems quite limited and something that will get boring quite quickly.

2 Likes

Damn, you are right. :roll_eyes:
Did you get yours already?

No, it doesnt Work this way.

Just recieved mine, took less than 5 minutes and a loop was running that sounded like me but fresh. Exactly what I hoped for! Cant wait for find more time to learn everthing that isn’t obvious yet :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’m convinced - this machine is awesome! It sounds really good and for that low price there can be no doubt. Ordering soon.

1 Like

I’ve got three weeks wait time, might cancel my preorder and order from a shop that actually has stock lol

I’ve got to wait until Tuesday for mine to arrive. So far it’s been quite the international traveller having left Sweden for Denmark and then on to Germany. Not sure if it will first hit England before coming to Scotland but that’s a fine trip. Not been this excited about a little treat to myself in a long time.

3 Likes

how about some lfo love to a noisy base sound layer?

1 Like

So does anyone have an idea what the settled price will be?, the samples is currently around £250, will this be the same do you think?, and if so will it take a long time to get there?, I would like to pick one up with a battery handle(when they are released) for under £300.

£250
If you get both for £500 total thats a music studio in itself, with a small mixer you could have fun for years.

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe it will get more expensive? The DT was a lot cheaper as it was introduced, as compared to now. However, lots of new functions were introduced (compressor, scale per track etc) which justifies the price increase. I can see the model:cycles increasing in price if elektron chooses to introduce new sound machines (clap?) for example.
All just guesses of course, the price now seems really fair though.

1 Like

think we’re at the settled price. I think they introduced the M:S at $400 and realized it wasn’t going to sell well there. when they dropped it to $300 at xmas, it was cheap enough that lots of people here bought one just to check it out. so I’m guessing they sold much better and Elektron realized that’s the sweet spot, so introduced the M:C there as well.

and if you look at used sales of M:S, you can’t really get a deal on one. maybe save $20 or so, but… eh, not really worth it to me. also a win for them, that resale of used units isn’t dirt cheap. so I think they’re where they should be.

2 Likes

mm… I paid 349 euros. Had it one day and already know the machine quite well as I have a few other Elektron machines and this is a walk in the park compared to those. I feel like it’s not a finished product and to be honest I am disappointed by it so far. There are things I am personally having a hard time with but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad product. I’m sure there will be good upgrades coming. I don’t think it’s worth the cost at the moment. The machines are too limited in my opinion and I guess I expected quite a lot more in terms of sound design. Sorry to say this but it feels a bit too one dimensional right now… It’s early days I know but I’ve only ever returned one other product after being disappointed by it - this may be the second.

2 Likes

11 Likes