Model:Cycles

Does anyone know how the CC functionality will work? hoping this is not just for the active track and is based on MIDI channel :pray:

1 Like

Elektron- I’m delighted too! It must be a blast to see all your hard work come to release. M:C seems like a lovely box full of wild colors, and I know that it will bring great joy to many. Sounds ace. I also would like to give a big up to all who worked on the teasers and full-length animations. They are super weird and fun, and bring a big smile to my face! Awesome launch - have fun at the shows!!

2 Likes

Like the M:S, each track can have its own MIDI channel (manual, page 43).

2 Likes

Hmm, the LFO depth param looks like a two byte affair… So does this mean that using the LFO is also a way to get finer resolution of modulation to a parameter than the 0-127 that is otherwise available? This is how the LFO works on the analog boxes anyway…

The manual cover is fantastic. Kudos to whoever did that.

1 Like

Right, I’m passing on this one. Sounds great. Love it. Know that people will make awesome shit with it. I won’t be one of them.

2 Likes

The color parameter will do this, but also other things at the same time like the mix level of the intervals.

5 Likes

That’s what I understood but are the inversion be p-lockable ?
Will they also be contrôlable via CC ?

Yes.

“Color” is controllable by CC 16 (manual, page 51).

Found it!

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

I am in the same boat. Only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger is I don’t know what the shipping charge will be. I don’t want to just assume it’s free.

Yes

2 Likes

Curious - looks fun

Elektron - please, one day. Implement the ability to generate random patterns. I’m so far from musical it’s not funny. Plus I like techno. Random techno :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perfect Circuit has 'em up now. (which surprised me it took a while, given the showcase there tonight)

bummed Sweetwater doesn’t have 'em yet, as they’re next day to me.

in my best Forrest Gump voice

And just like that, my recommended low cost groovebox went from the Circuit to the Model:Cycles.

2 Likes

Did you find the other one?

1 Like

There honestly wasn’t much marketing hype, just a lot of hyperactivity from users on this forum

7 Likes

Hoping for another Ess Yes to this q :

Can you live record the (preset)sounds into a step (rather than just step/grid edit) ?

as per doable in A4/R via soundlocks (maybe via pads/trigs/autochanMidi?)

achieved easily (and undocumented) like so whilst browsing pool … any similar workflow possibilities ?

1 Like

yeah, seems like most of the regular nauts already bought one huh?

I think imma wait on the fence for a bit. If the M:C sold out already, I have a hunch there will be some units on the 2nd hand market soon… 299 is in the impulse buy territory so maybe some people will flip theirs after the initial honeymoon ends…

2 Likes

dang… well I guess I ordered one from perfect circuit :grimacing:

1 Like