Modular re-think

My general rule for modulators in Modular is a 2/3s of the case should be modulators…

And to be Frank, in Modular almost anything can be a oscillator or a modulator

2 Likes

But hp is a crude measure for such rules. That’s why I didn’t give the usual answer. Quadrax and Veils pack a lot into the space they occupy.

5 Likes

Stages would be nice to add to the quadrax & veils…

Stages packs a punch for sure, but it is its own flavor of menu diving. It’s worth considering whether that’s your vibe, or Serge-esque patch programming, or dedicated modules (+more HP), or…

1 Like

Along the lines of Stages, the new Joranalogue Step 8 (now finally shipping) looks interesting. I have not investigated either of these (or anything else similar) seriously, though.

2 Likes

Same advice. Don‘t sell anything, don‘t buy anything! Take what you have and build the smallest pieces you can build with it. Don‘t think of a big machine where everything works together OT and rytm included. Play with the rytm alone for month. Take two modules and play with them alone for month, maybe sequence with ot.
Find sounds and function. Don‘t build a machine!

1 Like

Step 8 is an excellent module with many different use cases from sequencing to shift register to sample / track n hold and that’s just scratching the surface.

Can’t recommend it enough!