Monomachine Love Thread

thanks Peter. I agree. No rush to confuse myself right away. Personally from what I’ve heard and seen of Autechre, not my cup of tea, but cool if others like it. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, I think that should suffice when I need to load in sound files. Using Monomachine for 2 days, by far the best sounding Elektron I have ever experienced.

1 Like

I like this one:

this one creeps me out sometimes:

3 Likes

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

5 Likes

sup players

im bored, lets all share hot monomachine pix

4 Likes

Okay…

2 Likes

oh hell yea, i beat the peak sounds really nice going thru the mono ins?

1 Like

4 Likes

Running the show from way out left.

2 Likes

5 Likes

beautiful rig

MnM and MD had a baby and a little M:C joins the trinity.

9 Likes

Elektron Monomachine beats with an MS20 drone. Haven’t felt too creative lately, just mucking about and wanted to share something.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Someone please sell me their Monomachine SFX60+ MKII

Just discovered this. Thank you. I’m scouring this thread for tips.

1 Like

Bunch of sound examples on my IG page - @TheSurgingMass

11 Likes

Always love doing that, great tip from lyingdalai. The arp indeed gets super freaky when you have say an OT or md trigging it in different multi maps and channels.
Its great how the md, mm, OT play so well together in an 'ecosystem 'where each machine trigs and controls the other and the midi loop back chaos. I’m unsure about the A4s new midi sequencing abilities - anyone using the a4 arp or whatever to midi control and trig the monomachine. Would love to hear about it all.

damn i don’t think ive ever seen two in one setup!

i’ve been wanting to transfer some daw tracks to my octatrack and i’ve been realizing how well the mono can pair with it, doing some synth emulation so i don’t have to slice as many samples!

1 Like

I generally use 1 MnM for my percussive / rhythm based stuff and the other as either a poly synth or as 6 mono synths feeding back through the 1st MnM. So I have the MD going into one set of inputs on the OT and the dual MnM setup going into the other set of inputs.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been exploring the MnM arp this week, using the sid mode. One thing I haven’t figured out yet is note offsets. I press one of the green trigs, turn the level knob and the arp sequence grows larger, or smaller. But, I don’t see a +1 in the offset box. It stays at 0…So, i guess I’m asking (I’ve read the arp note offset part of the manual over and over) is when I press a green trig on the arp and turn the level knob, am I adjusting the note offset for just that trigger? From what I’ve figured, it doesn’t matter which trig button I adjust, it just makes the arp seq longer.

i was just reading this section of the manual earlier and i feel it’s written in a way that makes you think that the rhythm and pitch offsets are implemented in the same way.

i believe that offset box only refers to pitch, which you change by holding the trig and pressing the up/down keys for +/- pitch offset. the rhythm offset is more like which trig is not played. holding the trig and adjusting the level knob have no effect together, just the level know (in this instance of course)