Moog DFAM

The Kenton is able to output 10 volts and has enough CV outputs to completely bypass DFAM’s sequencer (like in this short vid https://youtu.be/_G4cqyqlcgA ). At least for my mind that’s the way to go :wink:

Ah, ok! So apples and oranges then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, though i mapped pitch and velocity to rotary encoders, so it’s at least orange apples :stuck_out_tongue:

However, did you see this (i didn’t):

https://sonoclast.com/products/mafd-luxe-midi-to-cv-eurorack-module/

MFAD “Luxe” version, 376 Euro

1 Like

I had not and that’s pretty cool. I use the original MAFD and an OCD to control the DFAM and a few other percussion modules and utilities from the Octatrack. It’s a really fun modular drum machine.
In my other cases I prefer to use “audio to cv”, for example Expert Sleepers devices, instead of midi to cv. Sample accurate timing and audio rate modulation from the DAW.

I enquired and tried to order a DFAM Thing shortly after seeing the posted video, it seems they have already had more orders/enquiry’s than they are producing in the 1st run. Join the queue basically :sad:

[EDIT] might have to reconsider the the MAFD from Sonoclast

2 Likes

I put together a small intellijel palette to go with my DFAM this week, when I figured out that the Verbos Multi-Delay and the Verbos Bark Filter fit side-by-side in 62hp.

Even though I won’t keep them in there permanently, I don’t think it will be the last time I do a build like this. What fun.

5 Likes

This looks super interesting. What’s the price and availability?

Damn that’s brilliant too. Always dreamed of double DFAMs under Elektron control…

1 Like

Looks like they pulled the price off their web-site. What sticks in my head was $190 USD, or was it less, someone correct me. They are getting a lot of orders, so best to e-mail them and get on the list.

1 Like

They quoted me £123 inc delivery to the UK, although they didn’t have any spare items…I would have to wait for someone to cancel, or the 2nd production run.

2 Likes

So i must be high. Seems a good price for what it’s doing. ( Assuming it works well. )

Thank you for this! Going to try this out today!

Bought it for reselling (had a chance to get one for $380), gave it a try and fell in love. I’m keeping it, it’s just too much fun.

1 Like