Moving patterns and relinking songs

I’m almost done my 3rd EP, 2nd that’s all Syntakt, and I’m trying to get the project file together to add to the release. However, I wrote the songs in a project with a bunch of other songs which I don’t want included. I know how to easily delete patterns, remove songs, move songs around, etc., but what I can’t figure out is how to move a whole song from bank D to bank A and then have the song keep the steps/mutes/etc. when I change the patterns in song mode. I’ve noticed that when I do that, it resets the steps to 16 (which is a pain in the ass), and since some patterns occur more than once in a song with different mutes, it doesn’t save within the pattern.

Any ideas on a workaround for this so I don’t need to have these things in banks D, E, and F?

Thanks!

Bump

No ideas here. Over in the Elkherd 3.0 thread, the software author has said that a version of that that supports moving songs / patterns is on the way, and has an open source version on the road map. That’s for Digitakt, but that eventually might be ported over by the community to ST. Seems like that’s a long ways off, and moving patterns into place before finalizing the song is about the only way for now…

1 Like

I figured as much.

Thanks!