New Roland synths : Jupiter X / Boutique JU06a / Fantom

Can the JU-06A receive program changes send from DT? Are there parameter jumps when the fader position doesn’t match the position loaded from the patch when it is tweaked?

According to the MIDI implementation chart published by Roland, the JU-06A responds to Program Change messages. It’s not clear to me whether there is any way to switch between the banks that have Juno-60 and Juno-106 sounds in response to MIDI messages.

Can someone please check if the JU-06A has a parameter pickup/catch mode? I can’t find anything about that in the manual.

1 Like

100% one of the best live boards around. My Jupiter 50 will be out on a gig with me again this evening! If you need to cover a lot of ground / sounds in one patch, with gigging build quality etc…

1 Like

New updates

1 Like

I like organs. Kidneys and livers mostly, but this one looks cool too.

1 Like
2 Likes

Single Tone Setup sounds like exactly what this thing needs!

Hoping these UI/Nav improvements make it into other existing and future Roland products.

2 Likes

I’m slowly starting to realize that I just like the Roland sound. I’m always making my Shruthi sound like a 101 and my Ambika like a Juno :joy:

This xm version could maybe scratch that itch and provide a future way of taking those sounds on stage.

Only issue I see is that I prefer to program everything from scratch. This update seems to improve things on that front.

Anybody here have a Jupiter XM that can comment on the programming gymnastics required with the new update?

3 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying my JU06a. Its been a while since owning a Juno 60, but for me it’s sounding better than i remembered. I recently was considering getting the TR-08, having owned a TR-808 years ago, but after seeing them in the London Roland store, am a little concerned on how packed they are on the front panel. I don’t find the JU06a an issue, sitting close to a TR606 in some ways, but not so sure on the TR-08.

Any thoughts?

Get the TR-8s, or 6s

• They have models and samples of all the classic TRs
  • Also an FM mode
  • TR-8s isn’t as big as the OG 808/909, but is big enough that all controls are easy to manipulate
  • TR-6s has the same sound generation capabilities in a smaller package
  • Rich sequencer with substeps and probability
  • Not intended to be a collector’s item like the Boutiques, easy to find cheap, lightly used
4 Likes

Cheers for the insight, appreciate that.

Yeah i did see them in the shop as well. Decent size, although not looking for something that large tbh, but yeah definitely felt good dial space wise.

TR-6S is smaller. Same size as MC-101. Love mine!

Also have a TR-06. Will probably connect to Matriarch and/or Subharmonicon to experiment with its trigger ins and trigger outs

1 Like

I have the JX-08 that sounds wonderful for a tiny synth and want a Juno X keyboard in the future. Those defined synthwave.

4 Likes