New Syntakt Machine Predictions

It would be cool if you could hold down the encoder and then hold down keys on the keyboard to specify the chord shape.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s clever!

i dont see polyphony ever coming to the ST. otherwise why did they spend time developing “chords”

They developed it for the Model Cycles so probably easy to just port it over. I’m hopeful they will implement voice sharing

2 Likes

hmm, good point. Well now I have hope.

1 Like

I bet they will. voice allocation like digitone, more digital machines - noise \ percussion kinda stuff first. and some interesting expansions of the modifiers.

1 Like

…so u don’t hate alloy that much after all… :wink:

It sounds so good in unison mode.

1 Like

This is not a prediction, but I would love to see a stripped down 1 bar live sampling machine to make the Syntakt a spiritual successor to the MD UW. 12bit sampling with the repitch feature from DT 1.50 passing through the analog fx block would be incredible.

2 Likes

…since repetition makes the hit…

vowel machines…
and various insert fx gimmick machines, implemented like neighbour tracks…

2 Likes

As for a sampler and the argument against it that it would effect the Digitakts place, I don’t see how it would be any different than octatrack being effected by Rytm’s sampling ability. Like yes, they both “sample”. But one of them is a spoon and the other is a bulldozer in regards to sampling. If it’s a development/hardware issue with the syntakt, fine. I don’t understand that stuff. But if it is about balance between the other boxes, I don’t see how being able to load a few 12 or 16 bit 1 shot samples with pitch, decay and sample start time would be any reason to think someone would buy a Syntakt over a Digitakt.

5 Likes

Casio CZ phase distortion = FZAP!

2 Likes

I think especially with the new machines on the digitakt having a really stripped down sample player in the syntakt wouldn’t overlap too much at all in my opinion. I kinda doubt that they will do it just because they seem to generally like the conceptual purity of a synthesis only device.

1 Like

User Wavetable, physical modeling, One shot sampler or E12-style sample based machines, neighbor FX machines

1 Like

Only thing missing for me is a good digital hi-hat machine and a sample-based machine with 909-like hats and good punchy 80s style 12-bit 707/727-like drums and percussion.

1 Like