New Teenage Engineering products

Exactly… it’s not ergonomic at all, but if you get into it knowing that and accepting that, it’s no problem really

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know there were level lights. That’s nice. Thing looks good, no doubt about that.

Re bag wow so much conflicting information. OK, SO: modular levels or nah?

Nice beat.

It’s funny when I saw the pictures I was so focussed on the tiny sliders that I didn’t even consider the tiny pots! As you rightly point out ergonomics are not the selling point of this device - but I have a suspicioun I couldn’t use it at all - I got stumpy digits!

Glad it’s giving you the sound you want - watching you actually use it is kind of amusing - reminds me of those tiny japanese food videos I’ve seen :joy: CUTE!

5 Likes

Your bag actually looks bigger than the one in the video - I wonder if there are different batches or if they changed it? :thinking:

1 Like

haha so KAWAI :laughing:

@xidnpnlss no modular levels. it gets to hot… allthough i did try some clipping with syntakt by raising the gain and i think it sounded rather nice actually… but you know you wanna be able to control he clipping… so no, no modular level

3 Likes

yeah maybe it was… the video didnt strike me as he was trying to be disingenuous

2 Likes

Does it not have any gain reduction at all? Normally the gain knob on a mixer can go into the negative. My XONE has infinite gain reduction.

Maybe that’s a digital limitation? I won’t pretend to understand these things - worth double checking though.

1 Like

sadly no, ill check with the devs to see if it could be updated with negative gain… thats actually a great suggestion!

3 Likes

Does it work with a PC? (Drivers?)

i dont have a pc ( only work computer) so i cant really check…

but i tried multitrack recording on ios and it worked without any issue´s

1 Like

fantastic demo of both instruments!

thank you

Future content - “Checking All the Boxes …”

"

6 Likes

It still seems strange to me that TE would deign a mixer that is not ergonomic but I am glad you like it and thanks for posting. It looks even smaller next to an Elekton box (I always considered them a bit small!) - keep the feedback/reviews coming as you get to know it better!

It would need AISO drivers for the PC (if its class compliant it will probably work with AISO4ALL, but that doesn’t always yield great results) maybe the PC drivers will follow down the line…there are a lot of PC audio users, laptops, MS surface etc.

Here is a demo of the TX-6 no fuzz just going through the Fx and all

11 Likes

This is really nice, musically and as a demo of the TX-6. You seem pretty quick with the button combos and unencumbered by the tiny pots/sliders, convinced me it’s a perfectly playable mixer. Good stuff!

1 Like

Am I seeing that correctly that the EQ pots don’t point exactly to 12:00 when the EQ band is flat?

I know they have other modes in addition to EQ, but it still seems off that 12:00 wouldn’t correspond to ±0 regardless of mode.

2 Likes

I think it’s more from the software side… it snaps to zero and has quiet a big tolerance. I think they’re applying a logarithmic curve to keep the values as close to zero as possible and still keeping a feasible snapping function.

I would wager it’s a give and take, ease of use vs. precision…

Thank you @your_lamp

I see, so the physical knob doesn’t have a center detent, but there’s a “soft-detent” on the software side.

1 Like

Yes exactly

I think it’s due to it being multifunction and not always being bi-polar

2 Likes