New Volca FM 6-Voice

Probably on the showroom at Sweetwater getting fondled by synth-nerd Hoosiers.

1 Like

Edit: wow, this guy is Canadian, I never knew

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

I’m secretly hoping sweetwater overnights me a new one, though this is probably an unrealistic expectation on a few levels.

2 Likes

What? There’s a 6 voice FM volca?
I had no idea .

Usually doesnt know theres a party let alone being late for it

1 Like

They did overnight me a new one! Weeks later but still!

This thing is GORGEOUS! I was a big fan of the original, and I love the opsix. Home run korg!!

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve got a Volca FM 2. IMO its an overseen well sounding FM synth:

In combination with an Arturia Keystep 37 and the Keystep’s powerful arp you can generate up to 6 note arpeggiated chords.

Live Recording of these arpeggiated chords, Motion-Sequence (a sort of live parameter locking/recording) and the very intuitive sequencer are fun.
My best invest in the last years.

9 Likes

Does anyone know if MIDI clock is transmitted via the midi out? Is it possible to use as a MIDI through for MIDI clock? I’m actually thinking of getting one to take care of some clock plumbing (so to speak) for a live set while also getting a bonus FM voice. I need analog clock for a Lorre Mill Double Knot but also need a midi through for a drum machine.

Yeah this thing is amazing. I loved the original fm Volca but this one is a giant step up. Would love to see updates to the keys bass and rhythm.

1 Like

Okay I read the midi implementation chart and it seems like it does transmit midi clock. Would anyone who has one be willing to test it out with a device that receives midi clock just to make sure everything works as expected? @ddiamond84 would you be willing to try it out for me? Normally I would just expect these things to work but it is the first Volca with a midi output so it would be nice to get a confirmation.