NGEN – Algorithmic MIDI Workstation

Something aggressive might go well with mono riffs and the drum algo, I’m a sucker for Industrial techno. (Also own ACDGEN already.)

2 Likes

This looks really cool!
Wish there was a DIY version, the price as it is now is quite steep, already punching in the class of Pyramid etc. price wise.
Selling Kits or PCB/Chip set could also unload a lot of work from you :slight_smile:

Just posted a new demo based on @thermionic’s idea for something more aggressive!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn7WwDaA2N2/

3 Likes

$599 ?
hm, iPad + Mozaic is certainly cheaper… oh wait, i already paid for them.

I paid $15 or so ages back for ACDGen but (while many more algos obviously) boutique hardware is necessarily going to rise in value :slight_smile:

For the work of one person, I think it’s fair.

4 Likes

I’ve thought about offering kits but at this point is not very doable at this point, mostly because I can barely get enough parts for pre-built units. I might do it for other projects in the future tho!
In regards to the price, it’s mostly because it’s currently being hand-assembled in Brazil and getting components imported and parts manufactured (like the custom steel chassis and polycarbonate overlay) is very expansive at a small scale here, specially with the quality I’m going for.
I do hope I can reduce that price in the future if I manage to scale production and perhaps move to it a manufacturing facility.

6 Likes

i absolutely don’t mind, just looking at it from my consumer’s perspective.
i always have a lot of interest to MIDI processing stuff, but on the other hand, i do my own – that’s my secret weapon. so, comparison is inevitable )

1 Like