#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

My name is Tim and I am an gear-o-holic….

Ha! This was my plan as well. Although I originally planned for Black Friday next year, I am happy to take the extra 1.5 month.

No music related purchases for me, except for a a new desk (that I will need anyway once the remodeling of our house is done) and necessary replacements to make my current stuff function (e.g if my worn out midi cable breaks)

1 Like

‘Hi Tim!’
Good to have you with us :heart:

I’d say I’m in except I did plan on possibly trading in my guitars on a new one, up in the air. Other than that, I’m on no new purchases till I figure out what I’m doing. Good luck to all!

Does anyone else picture Kramer kicking in the door, slamming money down, and yelling I’m out January 1?

7 Likes

Haha if only it were that inexpensive… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah :joy: hear you, I’ve. Always had the one in one out mentality, it’s a hard struggle for sure…

This cracks me up. I love all the hype for a product that doesn’t exist. Reminds me of when I was younger and worked at the Apple Store during the iPad 2 launch — I couldn’t believe how many people came in, picked up the freshly launched iPad, turned it over a few times and asked, “Do you know when the iPad 3 is coming out??”

Anyway I like this No Gear 2022 idea, I’m in. I have plenty of wonderful things here to keep me busy and I too want to focus on going deeper on my favorite pieces.

3 Likes

Next year will definitely be a slow burner for me and devoted to deep diving, but I wouldn’t commit to zero new gear. :slight_smile:

Otherwise Thomann might launch a search and rescue mission.

Much less than 21 is a safe bet though.

2 Likes

Brilliant! :joy:

I’m close, mostly because I get overwhelmed if there’s too much around and I love what I have but! Theres a SP404 MKII on order, and I may cave for a field recorder… so I’m almost in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thomann heard you and they’re doing a pre-emptive strike.

These guys have your back.

1 Like

You heard me right guys, that’s L-E-S-S.

1 Like

(Alright, I’ll stop now.)

3 Likes

What happens if your current gear breaks down next year. Do you have to wait for it to be repaired which could be months?

This happened to me, technically a full year, but not the entirety of 2021. My OT had to be sent for warranty repair and I had to purchase a second unit to continue work for upcoming gigs. Any other gear I could live without, so now with 2 OT, I should be able to make the entirety of calendar years 2022 and 2023. That’s the current goal.

3 Likes

Ill give it a go, my wife is in school full time right now so i probably shouldnt anyway

3 Likes

I can see myself getting an OT again, and a new portable audio recorder. Would like a nice vocal mic. Outside of that I’m good, but i could also not get any of those things…

A DFAM? I was thinking about two… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m in. I like the idea, and I plan to get better with what I have. But there are a few things I want to try out, and I doubt I can do that before the year ends.

I’m in on the sentiment, but maybe not to the letter of the law.

7 Likes

A year is long, it scares me… may be better to try a season: a no gear winter! It’s a more achieveble goal

5 Likes

Ok. Boss VO-1 on the way.
Nothing else!

1 Like