Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

How is the A4? Do you like it?

1 Like

All Iā€™m after is my small modular case filled and my octatrack, trying to keep it minimal but the AR and RYTM either side is just gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A lot for many reasons. I do techno and itā€™s cool to see you can push it it such territories

I love using it also to control my modular (on top of the Verbos duo Multistage & Sequence Selector) + Elektron sequencer !

3 Likes

This is one of the main reason I got the OT. Iā€™ll feed send two outputs of my soundcard to it so I can loop, resampling and slice sequence what I want :slight_smile:

Colour photos. Gotta show off those red buttons :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It sounds cool

I saw a lot of people selling the A4 infact there are so many second hand on ebay and reverb and I understood that a lot of people donā€™ t like the sound- this is why I was asking

I have a DN and I love it but I have never been convinced of the A4

1 Like

True ! Will post that as soon as I get the two cases stacked :slight_smile:

Donā€™t get me wrong, it needs EQ afterā€¦ It doesnā€™t as round and warm as - for example - an OB6 but thatā€™s the point, he has his own unique signature.
The power of that unit is - to me - his modulations that can be plocked. I mean you can do very cool and crazy stuff you wonā€™t be able to do with other synths.
I have a verbos which is very round, warm, phat so the A4 has a good place in the mix.

1 Like

A4 and DN share a lot of DNA, just one of them is analog and the other does FM. Iā€™d say the A4 has more modulation options, but the DNs FM has a bit more versatility in tone generation. The A4 also goes a bit more into ā€˜crazy territoryā€™ with its neighbour osc and CV modulation capabilities.

2 Likes

098, U.S. from Sweetwater

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got the A4MK2, i love the black one so badly :sweat_smile:. May i change it ??! Lol
I kept the AR MKI , not that much improvement to the MK2.

@Hexislab
ARMKII has much more improvements over ARMki, than Analog Four Mkii has over Analog Four Mkiā€¦

2 Likes

We have one life. If you want and if you can, do it.
Letā€™s stop only doing stuff because we need to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree ARmk2 adds sampling, CV ins and perf knob, 3 killer features!

1 Like

The perf knob is fantastic !

1 Like

^ Donā€™t sleep on dem CV ins too homie :laughing:

2 Likes

079 landed outside Washington DC

5 Likes

Missed the tracking email, mine comes Monday from Alto! Hoping for 131 (my birthday, Jan 31)

1 Like

I think I got em all down to see which number units are left (29 spoken for)

37, 58, 61, 67, 71, 78, 79, 85,
139, 147, 157, 183, 184, 186, 191, 195,
203, 217, 235, 238, 241, 274, 280, 282,
305, 325, 340, 343, 347

second pair of buddies 78-79!

my new friend just arrived as well, im #139 Bay Area. damn i didnt get the number i was hoping for but boy is this one sexy machine!

reply here to add your new friend to the list

5 Likes

Youā€™re favorite car?

Peugeot 305 !

4 Likes