Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

exc

thanks elektron! going to give it a whirl today

1 Like

@Olle Thanks for the info. After I ran into this issue, my unit didnā€™t start anymore for me to perform the bin-file upgrade. You might want to add the following to your post for those who donā€™t know?

1. Connect your MIDI compatible audio device to your computer
  2. Connect MIDI Out of your audio device to MIDI in on the Octoatrack
  3. Keep ā€œFuncā€ pressed while turning on the Octatrack
  4. Press ā€œ3ā€ to make Octatrack wait to receive the upgrade/update
  5. Start C6 utility
  6. Click drag and drop the upgrade/update file (.syx ending) to the empty C6 window
  7. Mark the dragged file in C6 and click send
  8. Wait for the upgrade/update to finish

Thank you, All you Elektron Saints for this special Day.

3 Likes

this is a good news but i think iā€™ll wait a bit before upgrading to the new OSā€¦ jjust in caseā€¦you never knowā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is there still an issue with OT freezing while writing a lot of files via USB (OTmk1)?

wOOhOO nice update! ,
Be sure to sync to card before performing OS upgrade and def save your project an extra time ,Your machine can be empty after bin file update after bootstrap (mine was)
so be sure to load/save set and project handy : write down set and project you had loaded before update
also reloading a project thru project menu after update states there is no previous save state on card.

Sorry,it was just a problem with my midi track which was mutedā€¦ So, everything is OK now, no midi bug.

2 Likes

No, please, not this moron, we deserve a better pic than a gif of this motherfucker son of 12 bitches !

Fair enough. Edited. Apologies.

4 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

I cant see my recording after reboot.
Slices are stil there though.

Edit : I read too fast and didnā€™t read ā€œslicesā€ ! Have to find my glasses.

Unsaved RAM recorder slices are not discarded at startup.

I thought recordings were still there after reboot :ooh:

Thisā€™s all well and good, but whereā€™s the promised anechoic room simulator ā€¦ :sketchy:

2 Likes

Wow ā€¦ thanks Elektron ā€¦ :smile_cat:

Awesome update! 5 minutes in with trig conditions and its definitely a game changer.
I found a bug (OT MK1) where after changing the memory reserve settings I had to reload my static samples to get them to play again. I will file a support ticket, but can anyone else confirm in the mean time?

3 Likes

Isnā€™t it an already know bug ?
@Clancy and @Avantronica ? :wink:

Epic win. New data point: when items come down from the website, it means the metamorphasis has begun and gifts will drop the next day!

Thanks again Elektron for you guys supporting Octatrack as an ongoing evolving instrument.

3 Likes

its a good day. happy Octatrack

I donā€™t know, I think I was on 1.25e and I didnā€™t have this bug before.
ā€œReconfiguring the flex memory would make it impossible to trigger flex samples, unless a manual reload of the samples was invoked.ā€
so did they fix it for flex samples, but not static samples? Or is it a new bug? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes.

Have to say / when I read the changelog entry ā€œReconfiguring the flex memoryā€¦ā€ I thought they had fixed it at last! But theyā€™re talking about flex slots.

Pretty sure the problem was always with static slots !?!

I also made this observation :joy:

1 Like