Octatrack OS 1.40: bug reports

Can anyone confirm that time stretch is not working correctly on slices?

I have a bass loop sample with some staccato and some sustained notes, I slice it accordingly that each not has its own slice, so some of the slices are fairly short and others are longer, when I turn on time stretch and set rate low only the longer slices are affected, shorter slices do not slow down, until the value of rate is negative which, as expected causes reverse playback - but without speed change on the shorter notes again.

Can any of you guys test please?

1 Like

Short slices? Even with previous OS versions, it depends on their length. If they are below around 6150 samples or something, no timestretchā€¦
Same for short samplesā€¦
Unless it changedā€¦

Edit : 6143 for Audio Editor fans!

6 Likes

Oh, never noticed it before but I guess they must be shorter than 6143 samples, thanks for the link to that thread, seems consistent with the results I was getting, I will check what length the affected slices are but I reckon it is this.

Seems like a bug doesnā€™t it?

1 Like

Maybe. Iā€™ll still consider it as a limit untill it will be solved! :content:

2 Likes

This sounds like they use an internal buffer of 6k samples (= 6144) to do the transformations. If it canā€™t be filled at least once => no timestretch.

7 Likes

Program change problem here.

The option is obviously turned on in midi settings.
I have one midi channel sending notes to a Microfreak. Itā€™s OK, it works. But the program change which is set never changes the preset.
I want preset 4 on bank 0, it is stuck on preset 1.

Why do I think itā€™s a bug? Because when I manually turn the PROG knob on the midi track, it works.

It sends PC1 only? What does it send if you double stop?

I made a mistake in the issueā€™s description. I said channel knob instead of PROG knob (thatā€™s a huge difference. I fixed it)
What is PC1 please?

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Elektron documentation thread

OK must be the point. Iā€™ve tested the double stop and it seems to bring back the PROG to preset 1.

Even if you validated Proch Change to 4 by pressing it? Are bank changes effective?

Yes. I chose Bank 0, PROG 4, hit yes, it works, the microfreak is set to preset 5.
But when I stop once (sorry, actually just once) it jumps to preset 1 on the microfreak.
BUT if i double stop, it brings back preset 5.

Strange behavior no?

2 Likes

@smokyfrog, same behavior you mentioned?

Iā€™m not sure, have yet to have a go in an unstoned state. I did learn to keep saving my tweaks as I went along. Will attempt to be scientific about it at some point. Still delighted that bank select works now (even if it proves to behave oddly). Was one of my big wishes.
One ā€˜bugā€™ that is still there - if you want your Analog Four to change patches automatically, you canā€™t specify ā€˜Autoā€™ but need to put its actual number (11 in my case). I puzzled over this until I remembered coming across it before.

2 Likes

OK Iā€™ve found the guilty setting. In the midi SYNC menu, prg change was set to Send, but the channel was set to the same number as the synthā€™s one. It must be a different one. I changed the channel to 16, now the issue is solved. Definitely a user bug, not a gear 's one.

Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Never choose Auto. IT DOESNā€™T CORRESPOND TO AUTO CHANNEL but to the lowest audio track midi channel not used by a midi track ! :exploding_head: (1 by default).

If audio tracks channels are disabled or all shared with midi tracks channels, Prog Changes are not sent.

Choose a specific midi channel.

9 Likes

Cheers, yeah. Bizarre use of terminology but Iā€™ve come to expect such things.

Very confusing. SYNC page Auto setting corresponds to Auto Channel on other Elektrons.

1 Like

I didnā€™t had time to reproduced again.
Yesterday I resample the main output on a track. In the sample editor by pressing Func+C encoder if the End was not at the end of the sample it will jump back once it reaches the end. It didnā€™t happen without holding Func.
I couldnā€™t reproduce the same on another track but it behaved the same when I copy that track.
Also the OT got stacked on the mute. I couldnā€™t mute/unmute any track. A reboot solved and I couldnā€™t reproduce.

Back to my PROG issue. Today I had to hit play and stop, several times, to make the octatrack send the program change. It stayed stable after that. So I think thereā€™s a point here.