OP-1 Discontinued?

A mk2 would be cool!

2 Likes

I doubt there will be any perceivable difference between older models and the upcoming one.

Unbelievableā€¦

At least shipping is free.

8 Likes

Idk how many new parts it will get but I love the idea of a refresh. I was seriously thinking to get another one as I sold my previous for whatever reason but miss it honestly.
The price has been too high though. This is great news.
Either older and cheaper or newer and fresh

2 Likes

I am saving up for an mk2, sounds lovely too: TE OP-1 mk2

tldr. whats functionally new with coming OP-1 other than new batch?

It doesnā€™t sound like there will be new functionality or a different appearance. More like some internal redesign to cope with the fact that they cannot source some parts anymore.

1 Like

ok like they stated in that mail. i was afraid of missing out here :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not so sure. Their are several ā€˜weakā€™ parts in the OP-1 that many users had to return to base. Including the jack. If there is a remodelling i hope they fix these things with stronger parts.

I still see them for sale at Uber price, I feel sad for the sellers :tired_face:

yeah, lost some buttons, sometimes one getā€™s stuck, my speaker broke years ago, and it is actually a pretty noisy output! Luckily I paid only 550euros 2nd hand, it was only 6months old! But I do love the sounds, and the beautiful screen

I really hope they make a big version of it (like AK) but with multiple screens, ribbons to control the tape etc, joystickmorphing, more ccā€™s, bigger management of sounds, tapetracks,ā€¦