OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

There’s a workaround if you use a silent trig with 4/4, and place a /PRE with your sample just after.
Not practical, but it works. It can be used to invert any TRC.

7 Likes

Ya I’ve requested the same thing.
I hope it can happen :crossed_fingers:t6:

1 Like

…along with CC assignment for retrig rate and RETRIG MIDI OUTPUT🤞🏿

1 Like

Hey, Elektronauts! I’m new here, can someone please explain me how to setup the fx p-lock probability while always triggering the sample, is this even possible in any convenient way? For example, I want to always hear the snare drum on the Step 5, I have a parameter lock with the reverb that is triggered only on that step, but I want it to be triggered only each second time while the snare drum sample is always triggered. I think I made it once somehow when I watched Thavius Beck’s tutorials, but I’m not sure how, maybe I accidentally made it with the Neighbor machine or LFO, so I wonder if there are any Trig settings for that. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, as far as I know you cannot set ‘conditional’ trig conditions (eg. the probability of a parameter lock). A possible workaround could be to put in an additional microtimed trig in immediate proximity to the initial trig and work with a ‘not pre’ condition.

3 Likes

I did [FUNC+TRIG 6], then p-locked the reverb to 0 and set the Trig Condition to 2:2 and it actually works now! Thank you so much!

7 Likes

omfg

all is well with me and my Octa now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Same here !

1 Like

I’m finding that when I conditional lock for a certain trig, say 4:4, the trig happens on the fourth time around like it’s supposed to but, then is playing every single time around after instead of not playing until the fourth time around. Tried it with various conditions and they’re all doing the same thing. Also, doesn’t the trig blink when it has a condition locked? Mine is not blinking unless I parameter lock something else.

Cond. trigs working fine for me.

A trig only flashes (currently) when a parameter is locked, not a condition or TRIG COUNT, apparently.

1 Like

I’m not concerned with the blinking part but, the conditional locks aren’t working correctly. 2:2 should only work the second time around every time, not the second time and then every single time around. I may try reloading the update.

MY FAULT, PLEASE IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST. I had the sample set to loop, duh. Conditional lock working perfectly. Thanks

4 Likes

@animystc - one for the facepalm thread? Might help others out, as this kind of thing is a common trip up.

Facepalm moments?

2 Likes

So this of course applies to all Elektron instruments with conditional trigs, but I’ll share it here. This probably has been mentioned before, too, but it’s worth a bump in any case.

One type of very musically useful structure that we couldn’t pull off with Elektron sequencers before conditional trigs and without chaining patterns is:

1. variant A
  2. variant A
  3. variant A
  4. variant A
  5. variant A
  6. variant A
  7. variant B
  8. variant B

To make that within one pattern, you can set the track’s pattern length to 32 steps (with master length at least 32), lay a trigless trig early in the pattern that’s conditioned on 3:3, condition your “A” trigs on NOT-PRE, and condition your “B” trigs on PRE.

Besides being easier to manage and improvise on than chained patterns, a non-obvious benefit of this approach is that you contract and stretch this pattern structure, where A plays twice as many times as B, by changing the trigless trig to different values—e.g., 4:4 makes it 8 bars of A followed by 4 bars of B.

Hello! This is a long thread and I don’t know if someone asked before but is it possible to have trig conditions to remove beats? I have 4 on the floor going for 64 steps and I want to remove the last 4 beats on the 4/4 repitition.

I know how to add something so that it only plats on a specific beat in the 4th repitition but like I said I would like to remove the kick instead.

Thank you!

You can invert a TRC behavior with a /PRE preceded by a trigless trig with the condition you want to invert.

Ex :
Step 47 trigless with 4/4 TRC
Step 48 trig with /PRE

You can use microtiming, eventually /NEI if you want the trigless on another track…

2 Likes

This is a clever workaround, I do wish for a _ (not) option for A/B still though.

1 Like

Hmm I am quite new to the octatrack and I don’t fully understand. Now I am at work but will sit down with the octa when I get home and see if I can work it out. I will get back with results! But thanks!

/PRE is true when previous trig condition is not true, so it has an inverted behavior.

If you use a trigless as previous trig, it won’t be played but it will determine /PRE inverted behavior.

3 Likes