Oto BOUM sidechaining perfourmer or A4 with AR?

i have a question about the midi sidechaining of the oto boum. I would like to plug my Nord drum 3p into the inputs of my DN and then send the audio signal into the oto boum. Now I want to duck the signal via midi, because if I send the drum signal to the input, I duck my drum signal too and have no kick drum anymore. the Nord drum 3p does not send the kick to a separate midi channel, so all drums are on the same channel, just on different notes. I probably can’t set this in the boum, right? what are my options

what do you want to duck? the DN and not the nord drum?
then you will have to port the DN audio out to the BOUM (and not the nord drum in to the DN).

yeah my post doesn’t really make sense… was a long day… so I want to bring a DN and an ND3p together as compactly as possible and if possible duck the audio signal from the DN with the kick of the 3p

that could work, you’d need a mixer or audio interface too though I believe.
you could send midi out, or kick audio out from the nord drum to the boum sidechain input, and route the DN audio to the BOUM. however, you can’t route the master stereo out from the nord drum to the BOUM also, because then the drums/kick will also duck.

Yes. AR and A4 (mk2 at least) send tracks to main and individual outs.
tracks -> FX -> track out / main out

you can bypass FX and/or main out for each track.

So if I have the boum on the master insert of my mixer, no matter if I run an audio kick into the boum or trigger it with midi, my kick would also be ducked, right? I tried quickly last night, but hard to tell, probably because my kick was shit already. I love my boum on the master, though, and would love to keep it there, but I want to explore more the sidechain feature. How are you using it?

i think you can’t, if you have it on the master.
you’d need to send a ‘full kick’ sound to a separate audio track.

1 Like