Overbridge 2.0.60 - Big Sur compatibility

Analog Rytm MK2 here, overbridge does not recognize it. everything is up to date. Mac mini M1. Tried everything. It simply does not work

Hi, I didnā€™t read all the comments. How is the sync with the new version? As nice as Overbridge is I always ended up having sync issues. Right now I am just running a analog mk1 which I am syncing using midi clock and using the 4 separate signals I pull off the pcb. If the sync problems should have been solve it would be a big step.
Another feature I would love to see is a simple offset parameter for the sync so the tempo can be set to match the rest of the gear. I know that when I record in live monitor set to off it is spot on but unfortunately it isnā€™t while monitoring through 0 latency mixer when syncing using overbridge as well as midi clock. If there was an offset parameter for overbridge sync a huge problem I am having could be solved. the offset is very small but if you want to layer percussive sounds using the a4 and other sources the offset is too much and messes up the transients of the lyered signal.

Using Digitakt as the audio interface and also having Analog Keys hooked up to Overbridge, audio cuts out randomly and often in Live. When I switch to just usb audio in Digitakt there are no issues.

Have you tried different Buffer size?

Hi People! Iā€™m on OS X 10.14 and thinking to do the upgrade to Big Sur 11. Current version @ the app store is 11.6.
I have a digitakt and never used overbridge beforeā€¦ but iā€™m planning to use it for recording purposes in the upcoming months. The question isā€¦ is overbridge working ok on mac os 11.6?

i am on MacOS 11.6, M1mac,
and had a quick test/check with Overbridge. (solo, not with DAW).
Seems to work !
CanĀ“t tell you if bugs or problems would appear somewhere if diving deeper.
needs the latest overbridge version, 2:06.
2.04 was not running.

Any way to get OB to work with monterey? Just bought a mac and didnt even think about compatibilyā€¦:frowning:

I am on 10.12.6 Sierra (I knowā€¦)
OB version I use with Digitakt is 2.0.58.8
OB pretty stable.
Is there any added value in updating to 2.0.60?
Sorry for the stupid question :slight_smile:

If itā€™s stable, keep it. Since Iā€™ve installed 2.0.60, I have issues that werenā€™t there before (tempo fluctuations, devices stopping for no reason).

2 Likes

Pretty much valid for any update AFAIK :slight_smile:
Thank you for your input :pray:

1 Like

Running Overbridge 2.0.60 on Big Sur 11.6.1 I get frequent disconnects from my Analog Heat MKII connected over USB to my Mac Pro 2013. I havenā€™t been able to use it with Overbridge since I purchased it.

Welcome to the community! Please contact support and we will assist you.

1 Like

Thank you. Ticket is created.

It seems the support could resolve my issue. Thank you!!
Everyone else with the disconnect problem please write to the support. They have a fix for us!

1 Like

So I purchased a Mac Studio and installed Ableton and Overbridge but have been disapoointed by the results.
Previously I was running my Digitakt and Tone through Overbridge on my 2018 i7 mac mini, 32gb ram. It ran glich free even as low down as 64 samples.
On the mac studio, even as high as 256 samples, I get periodic glitches and pops/crackles. It seems also to go in and out of sync somewhat. I cannot reduce the buffer safety margin on the studio muc lower than 40 without some serious glitch going on. On the mini I can bring it much lower.
Iā€™m sending clock with an ERM multiclock.
Interestingly, on the Mac Mini I use an eGPU to send signal to my monitor. I also set ableton to prefer operation on the eGPU. If I dont use the eGPU then I get less great performance on the mini.
The studio is way more powerful than the mini yet cant run overbridge as well.
Iā€™ve tried running ableton without the overbridge plugin and the pops and crackles disapear.

Anyone got any ideas or is this just a case of waiting for overbridge to be tweaked a little miore?

Or just return the studio and stick with my old mini.