Page 2 fx not working on one track

Playing a gig tonight and in checking everything out, I appear to have run into an issue I’ve not experienced

Project is a template I’ve used many times with no issues.

All tracks are static.

Track 5 has filter (pg1) and delay (pg2).

When adjusting the parameters of pg2, there is no audible effect.

Every other track works as expected.

A new project sees the issue go away.

I have cleared all setting of track 5 to no avail.
I have checked to see if its been set to CUE, but this has not changed the issue.

I’m sure this is a setting I’ve changed by accident however I can’t find the solution hence the post.

Secondary question, related :

If I wish to completely wipe all my hardware settings for a project, but KEEP ALL THE SAMPLES IN THE SAME ORDER, could I do this via the compact card on my pc? And what would I need to delete from the project?

Thanks

Did you check scenes ?
Quick check by muting them (FN+Scene A or B)

An other possibility, a negative fixed lfo, but that’s improbable.

Same slots order ?
You can save as new a project, then clear parts, patterns, change project settings…

Checked scenes, and there’s nothing unexpected there.

Definitely not lfo settings, and I’ve cleared that (as well as src, amp etc)

Thanks

Thanks.

I know I can save under a new name on the machine itself, but if I duplicate the project on the pc and want remove those settings, whilst keeping the same samples and slots, what files would I need to delete, or is that something that’s all tied up within the files?

Cheers

Do other pg2 fx work properly ?

1 Like

You can use a new project, and copy paste slots lists from the original project. You can find the slots informations in the project.work file IIRC. You can do it with a text editor software.
The audio folder path has to be the same.

See what I mean ?
If you open the project.work files with a text editor you can find and copy this SAMPLES list in the original project, then paste it in the fresh project.

############################

Samples

############################

[SAMPLE]
TYPE=FLEX
SLOT=001
PATH=…/AUDIO/Will Samplesss/Hip Loops/CLAPLOOP.WAV
TRIM_BARSx100=256
TSMODE=2
LOOPMODE=1
GAIN=48
TRIGQUANTIZATION=-1
[/SAMPLE]

[SAMPLE]
TYPE=FLEX
SLOT=002
PATH=…/AUDIO/Will Samplesss/Hip Loops/CLAPLOOP.WAV
TRIM_BARSx100=100
TSMODE=2
LOOPMODE=1
GAIN=48
TRIGQUANTIZATION=-1
[/SAMPLE]

1 Like

[quote=“NUoldNu, post:1, topic:160380”]
When adjusting the parameters of pg2, there is no audible effect]
Apparently you already tried to clear fx2 page, but I’ll add that in fx2 delay setup, the LOCK parameter blocks the delay.

Yep. I had to start a new project from scratch in the end, and wrote down every sample on a piece of paper!

It’ll be a quirk somewhere in the machine. It’s all fine now(with the new project) so have deleted the previous one and en route to my gig.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Good gig !

Probably an explanation! :content:

Very reliable hardware. :wink:

Probably a long shot, but it couldn’t hurt:

I think 3 years ago I had to drive 90 minutes with the Octatrack in the trunk of a car (in a hard case) during a record cold snap where it was exposed to sub-zero temperature, and after that I started to experience some really weird issues with existing projects. Stuff like like opening a project that I had been using for months and finding the record settings from track 1 and track 5 swapped, trigs missing, effects parameters changed, project settings changed. Occasionally errors when loading old projects but mostly just weird changes to project data.

What eventually fixed it was doing a LOW LEVEL reformat of the CF card using software specifically designed for that (I forget which program I ended up suing, there are two or three and only one of them actually worked for me without freezing or crashing during the format). Formatting on the OT didn’t work, OS level formatting (full not quick) didn’t work, standard formatting with dedicated tools didn’t work. Low level formatting fixed everything (but the projects that were having problems were unfortunately permanently messed up and had to be recreated manually) and I haven’t had any issues again since I did it.

Couldn’t hurt to try.

It was one of these two programs that ended up working for me but I forget which:

http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I don’t know what the specific was difference between doing a full format using standard Windows tools or other third party tools and those specific two actually is, but for my case, at least, one of them solved the problem.

1 Like