Parameter locking not working with external instrument

Right, except that I also said the synth app replies to LFO and live CC changes with the DN knobs, so it is setup to receive those correctly, right? Either way, it started working again this morning and I don’t know why, so I’m gonna take it as a win. Haha

… which is why I replied:

… because it is indeed weird that your synth app doesn’t react to the plocked midi messages, when it reacts to knob twisting and controlling via the digitone LFO and when you can see that the plocked midi messages are coming through on your midi monitor app, because the plocked midi messages are no different than the midi messages that are sent when you twist the knob or use the LFO. I get the feeling that you somehow completely took my reply the wrong way :neutral_face: I’m only trying to help you figure out the cause of this problem and perhaps a solution, but i’m falling short of ideas here :man_shrugging: Which parameters on your synth have you tested?

1 Like

Sorry, yo. My brain has been sorta wonky lately. I do appreciate the help. Somehow, it all started working again earlier, so I’m gonna keep an eye out for it and see what happens. My gears all been acting odd lately. Haha. Thanks!

Sorry to reply a year and a half later but this might help someone.

OT, DN and DT (at least), each trig sends the note first, then the Midi CC, then Note OFF and restores, Orig CC value.

So in general terms, trig plays the note, then it changes the parameter, then it stops playing the note and restores the parameter.

Machinedrum and Monomachine do it right and send the parameter change first, before playing the note, you can check that with any midi monitoring app or device (I use MPC1000’s midi monitor).

Knob twisting will work because it sets the general parameter value for the whole track i.e. the value that any p-lock will come back to.

LFO works because it is continuously changing values.

3 Likes

I’m am currently having this same issue with the Syntakt and SubHarmonicon.

I’m so glad there is an explanation.

Is there a work around. It seems like setting a slow attack was mentioned. To the amp envelope?

(I know it’s not a DT, but it seems like it’s a common digibox issue)

Edit. Haha. No amp envelope on the ST with a midi machine selected.

You can send CCs before notes with previous midi track.

Example: Put lock-trigs with CCs on T9, corresponding Notes on T10. Possible to use Neighbor trig conditions to trigger them simultaneously.

Other possibility: put lock-trigs with CCs just before notes.

Example:

• step 4: lock-trig with CC, microtiming +23
  • step 5: note
1 Like

Oh, great!

I get the microtiming. But what is “above” track?

Tried the microtiming, and it had no effect.

Edit. Okay to see if I got this correct. I should p lock my cc value (red). And then on the step before make a trig lock (yellow) and I should set the micro timing to +1/24?

This is what ive done, but still no effect.

I edited above post, let me know if I have to give more precisions.

No. See above.

1 Like

Got it!

Thank you!

2 Likes