Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

Back in modbap mode…
I sampled and chopped vinyl w/drums from my Machinedrum sound pack and modular synthesis for this Yasiin Bey remix.
Thanks for your ears and eyes.

10 Likes

Super chill. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Amazing, you’ve got that OT dialled in! Really like how well you modular sounds fit in. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Experiment with one shots and fills.
1 bar pattern with 4 tracks + Master track, one shots triggered by Plays Free midi tracks ( 1-3 latched at 1m16s), and additional Fill trig condition (1m02s, arrow down + up + page! :smile:).
Sorry for “smartphone only” quality, audio straight in.
14 Likes

Sweet style :diddly: ! Can’t wait to have my OT back from Sweden!

damnnnit: just missed the UPS delivery … before the weekend, that means OT sleeps in UPS truck til Monday… nooooooo

“Too much” slyle ! :smile:

Well, I can’t help from warping drastically with OT !
@Rusty, any “Be Reasonable and serious” option in OctaEdit?

But I have to say that way of playing is really enjoyable , very direct. No mutes, only triggering one shots, and Fill latch (when the 4 page leds are lit).

What is the question?

Please add a function to avoid too crazy results with OT ! :wink:

Can do.

*Puts on feature request list…

3 Likes

I’m all about celebrating originality… this is dope. nice turntablist energy and improvisational skills in this!

4 Likes

Here’s another Modbap beat made with the Octatrack + Modular Synth.

11 Likes

Really good stuff / skills! Slice or Slots mode?
Maybe you described your workflow somewhere…
Nice shoes. :wink:

1 Like

that was wild, serious scratch DJ energy

1 Like

Thanks, btw for scratch mimic I found a nice trick (at least for me) : make a sample with the same sound repeated twice, reverse the 2nd one > with negative Rate, reverse starts at the same sound postion, hence more natural…
Symetric sample! :content:

3 Likes

Slice mode! Like a ninja.
Thanks!

1 Like

Just made this with OT being fed by DT and DN. It’s almost ambient and industrial at the same time as being trip hop (??). Might need a rapper…

4 Likes

This definitely has an ambient/industrial vibe… but the heavy beats put it in a HipHop context with or without a rapper.
At the end of the day Hiphop is made up of all genres anyway.
Keep adding on to the culture.

Me likes!

2 Likes

Heres another Octatrack / modular synth Modbap beat dedicated to the legendary John Witherspoon (RIP)

11 Likes

Thank you. I’ve never been able to stick to one genre. Taking elements from all different kinds of music is far more interesting in my opinion :slight_smile:

I’m totally cut from that cloth… I’m a modular synth composer but I grew up making beats. I also make Ambient, IDM, and unclassifiable Experimental shit.
I don’t understand limitations in creativity.

3 Likes