Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

Seems to be all about the new pedal lately… Josh Smith Flat V, Beebo and Hector updates just dried up…just after I bought a Hector…it was updates every few week until then! There was a new FM synth teased about 6 months ago based on Dexed I think…

Edit: On IG it says this “I’ve got a few little firmware updates for Beebo & Hector including the first version of Strum that I’ll be showin at NAMM. The firmware update will be available when I get back. It also makes the quantizer actually work properly.”

What are you looking for in terms of examples?

Beebo/Hector have MI’s Plaits and Rings available as modules. You can get pretty deep with these especially when you start adding other available modules and effects.

I have Beebo, and just ordered a used Hector. I’m going to sell Beebo since I won’t need both even if I can load the same presets.

I know this guy gets some probably deserved hate after using the toxic label, but this is a decent look at how to access/interact with Plaits & Rings.

Thanks !
I’m looking for polysynth for examples…Pads, Brasses etc…
What can we expect in terms of cpu with 4 voices, is it possible to run a synth along an effect chain mixing inside and outside ins…Stuff like that.
Most of the things I find are lpg modular sounds for the most part and there are really few sound exemples on patchstorage, when there are, they are recorded thru phone mic. :sweat_smile:

It’s not going to be friendly for poly synth sounds and getting there requires some semi-complex routing because plaits is monophonic. I’ll get to rings’ poly mode in a moment too…

Plaits has a chord mode that is not unlike what’s in m:c and Syntakt, but is not as easy to setup and use as m:c or Syntakt.

Rings has polymode where you can overlap notes, but you still can’t play a true chord.

What you can do is use different effect modules to create ambience, but I wouldn’t buy this for the plaits/rings built in. It’s more like these are there as a bonus but they do eat up CPU quickly.

And yes you can run effects and utilities alongside the synth voices, but it is possible to max out CPU depending how much patching is involved.

You mean, there is no basic oscillators but the MI ports ?

There are basic oscillators, but for polyphony you need multiple instances of Plaits, or of Rings to create it.

This is when you start getting too close to the cpu limit especially if you plan to use effects in the chain.

beebo on ir convulsion department is limited with the lack on controls.this one looks interesting

1 Like
1 Like