Polyend Play

“Mum, are we there yet?”

:smile:

1 Like

It better be polyphonic.

2 Likes

2 Likes

yeah i was rabid w/ excitement at one point and might have impulse bought the thing but…now, i’m still curious…just not as ready to open my wallet and grab one

maybe later when i see some reviews

Here here,

No matter what you think of the TX-6 I think Teenage Engineering went the “right” route. “Hey, here’s a mixer, it’s does this and that, you can buy it now, bye”

Elektrons was OK but it was still pretty annoying. Thank god it only lasted for 3 days though…

Polyends is ridiculous!

With that said, I’m intrigued, the demos sound great!

6 Likes

No fucking magician this time though…

Does this mean we’re going to have to water it?

4 Likes

the syntakt story arc (hype arc?) was nearly perfect
let us hear an extended albeit blind promo and quickly ended wilder speculation with the real name and product info within 48hrs

if all companies did that i’d be totally ok

12 Likes

when you compare em Elektrons was a joy.

3 days, boom. :partying_face:

3 Likes

It is getting a little annoying. It looks great in the latest vid, but fed up of not getting more info now…

3 Likes

yea it does look fkn cool. if it is a sampler / groovebox rather than just a sequencer I would wager it gonna kick lumps out of deluge. (sorry deluge). :partying_face:

Superbooth is a little over 2 weeks away, so. wonder if we will get an actually announcement before then, or Polyend is just going to wait and unveil it there.

Love how the grid looks. I’m still hoping it has some sort of synth engine but it’s probably a sampler. If it has synth and sampling it’s probably what I’ll go for. If not then I’ll probably go Syntakt. Trying to hold out for Superbooth though just in case my dream machine is revealed there😂

another teaser…

6 Likes

I know the story. People will get excited, it will be sold out in minutes/hours, people will complain that it doesn’t do this or that but could have been so much better has it been able to do something else , early adopters will face some glitches and wait for firmware updates or return the product, some people will realize they bought it out of compulsive buying and will put them on sale, other will say this is a keeper, some might even say that and sell it in a year or two.

Like the syntakt, I’ll just grab the popcorn, enjoy the show and wait for the dust to settle.

Aside from that: Looks a lot like a deluge
(any pinkbike member over here? :wink: )

7 Likes

It sounds great. I’m still very curious even after this long campaign.

Not another teaser… Come on

It seems to have so many knobs. Looks very promising.

Not personally interested in another sampler but I would probably get it if it was just a sequencer, although I am currently really happy with Hapax.

2 Likes

The interface looks very promising to me. That variation row looks like a good idea

I’m guessing sampling time will be crippled like on Tracker (which made sense for an old school tracker) but I’m hoping there’s stereo sampling and streaming from SD card for longer stuff. Also, they’re not showing off any poly-rhythms/measures here. I hope it has some different play modes per track. And of course, it should definitely have the scales of Tracker.

1 Like