Polyphonic Digitakt via Retrokits RK-002 cable?

Cool thanks!

1 Like

The Digitakt one will work with both your Digitakt and your Cycles. The only difference is that you can only have 6 voices on the Cycles. You change the maximum voices by changing the program. You switch to polymux mode by setting the outgoing channel to 9. It will then cycle between channels 1 through 6 or however many voices you’ve set. Easy peasy.

1 Like

Does anyone regularly use the Euclidean rhythms? The few demos sound compelling but I can imagine twisting knobs for half an hour and then never using it again. Would like to think otherwise.

That’s interesting
So the programs in the cable are dependent on midi channel?
That could change my midi setup a little, especially the DT, he lives on channel 15 for auto

Is it possible to use the 8 additional lfos from tracks 9-16 with this cable like with the regular midi loopback?

I think you can use them.
It shouldn’t filter out midi CCs, maybe optional.

Yeah depends on incoming midi channel.
Default is 1, so is DT track 1. Should work as is unless you modified DT tracks midi channels.

You can choose channel base, number of channels (voices)…

Works with any multitimbral gear (several tracks/parts using midi channels with consecutive numbers).

Principle : Notes On are sent on different channels alternatively. Notes Off are sent on the same channel as their related Note On.

1 Like